cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable track vehicle for backing trailers uo

Motor_City_Swag
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this on the internet today and it looks like a interesting piece of equipment to have for back trailers in tight spots if it works. My question has anyone actually used one of these?

https://www.tshuoyb.shop/product/index/pID/7โ€ฆ

Motor City Swagman 2000 Bounder 36S
Ford V-10, Banks Power Pack w/ TC,
BrakeBuddy,Davis Tru Trac,Safe T Plus,Aventa II & Xplorer Sport Trac

:W
9 REPLIES 9

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
I'll just use my truck. I can put it any where I want it with my truck. You should see how I have to park it at home.

I have to back out of the road, between 2 trees, then turn it go go down beside the house, then turn it to go in thru the gate, then turn it the other way to back it under the camper port.
Like I said. I can put it any where I want it. But then I started backing trailers at a young age. My first real job was backing new boats into the warehouse, and turning them to park side, by side once inside.

But as self proclaimed awesome of a trailer backer you are, you canโ€™t get a trailer in where the truck and trailer wonโ€™t fit. Like our old house with a side loader garage. Not a chance of getting the boat in the garage with the truck. But with our CJ 5 with a front hitch, could jack knife it right in and back out again.

come and try my parking spot, and then we will talk.

and yeah. I'm pretty awesome at backing. Living in town with the houses pretty close together, and the backyard being the only place I can keep it. I have to be. I have to make 3 90 degree lefts, and a 90 degree right to get it under the camper port.
Also having learned backing boats worth tens of thousands into a ware house, and parking them side by side. Kind of gave me incentive. they didn't let just any one do it.

But then I've had 50 years of practice.

Thing is. every one has different talents. One of mine is driving. I was taught by the best. I know there are lots of people on here that are much better at lots of things than me.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Terryallan wrote:
I'll just use my truck. I can put it any where I want it with my truck. You should see how I have to park it at home.

I have to back out of the road, between 2 trees, then turn it go go down beside the house, then turn it to go in thru the gate, then turn it the other way to back it under the camper port.
Like I said. I can put it any where I want it. But then I started backing trailers at a young age. My first real job was backing new boats into the warehouse, and turning them to park side, by side once inside.

But as self proclaimed awesome of a trailer backer you are, you canโ€™t get a trailer in where the truck and trailer wonโ€™t fit. Like our old house with a side loader garage. Not a chance of getting the boat in the garage with the truck. But with our CJ 5 with a front hitch, could jack knife it right in and back out again.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have seen a wire-remote controlled Jack-Valet type device (I use the Valet name from the link that worked the OP's link 404ed)
YOu got to your site. pushed a button to lower the tracks and activate, then using the remote walked the trailer to where you wanted it.

I forget the price but it was not all that bad.... I had no need (Also no trailer) as what I towed I also drove.. Up till the end of February (Then I upgraded it but that's another story). But it was fun to watch.

I think they were abou 2,000 but that could be off by several thousand.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
depending on how heavy your trailer I have used a two wheel hand held dolly to move my 28 foot 4000 lb trailer short distance on flat hard ground. it had a long white T handle and to stop trailer from moving all I had to do was turn the dolly at a 90 degree angle to the direction of movement. Worked great and was cheap but heavy duty and not the one from HF.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Three little words โ€ฆโ€ฆ..

Ask the price.

For $5k I can buy a tractor to move trailers around.

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen the remote tugs for aircraft, guys move good size planes with them for about $4,000 or so. You could us them for travel trailers easily.

Here is the link for the ones I've seen in action: https://acairtechnology.com/

I rather use a compact tractor or ATV myself. Most RV dealers around here use a 30 to 50 hp compact tractor for the TT units.

They handle 11,000 pound aircraft on fairly flat ground, seen it. Don't know about the 21,000 pound model though.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Well here's one, make you get a second job. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/3/29/17176378/rvr-remote-control-moving-robot-trailer-valet
I don't know how well they would do on any amount of an incline, the wheeled versions are a waster of time unless you're on hard ground or pavement. Been there, tried it, and took it back.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm... that link led me to breathable backpacks for dogs and cats. I confess I never used one of those for backing a trailer!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36