Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2022 F350 order options for TC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2022 F350 order options for TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 11:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cooled seats are the hit. What a difference.

Have both Crew Cabs and Supercab currently. Can not stand the supercab. It's a pain, it noisier and the rear seat is useless even for holding stuff. Did I mention that it's noisier? Door's just can't keep a seal as well without a door frame.

Personally, I can't stand adaptive cruise, but get why most folks do. Cameras, all of them, a frill and a bandaid for poor driving skills. With that, they're a great tool, along with learned and established skills.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

lonegunman

Eastern Washington

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 11:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I work near three large lakes so summer in this area is packed with TC's towing fishing boats. The most common supercab fix for the antenna hitting the camper is a length of hose over the antenna. It looked weird the first few times I saw it.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will almost always do better, often way better, on price by buying from a dealer's lot.

Most HD pickups on a dealer's lot will come loaded with a standard package of luxury features; such as cooling seats, high tech nav system, rain sensing wipers, automatic seat/mirror positioning, etc. You will do way better taking the entire package. You will pay much more for a customized truck with fewer options.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everything you want and nothing you don't = priceless!

What few trucks available today on lots are either work trucks or totally geeked out $80,000++. No way do I want or need a sunroof, or gooseneck prep among others. And it's MSRP or more to buy those.

n0arp

FT

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't buy another truck without adaptive cruise. It seems gimmicky, but it's a game changer when you have long travel days.
I would go with crew cab for the additional storage space (even if you don't think you need it) and resale.
I'd opt for GN prep, you never know.
Factory skid plates are usually junk - one good bash and they're usually done for. We've replaced or reinforced all of ours.
Buy your own tires. Maybe make a deal with the dealer to take off the OEs and replace them with ones of your choice prior to delivery.
Finally, you might consider whether or not you'll ever want a flatbed, now, before you buy a truck with a bed (over C&C) or waste the money on a factory bedliner.

2021 Ram 5500 Limited 84CA Cummins 4x4 w/ flatbed
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T (follow or TC toad)
2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB 2925W/22.8kWh, 30K multi-split
2016 Arctic Fox 1140 WB 1800W/11.4kWh

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

Everything you want and nothing you don't = priceless!

What few trucks available today on lots are either work trucks or totally geeked out $80,000++. No way do I want or need a sunroof, or gooseneck prep among others. And it's MSRP or more to buy those.

My dealer offered $2500 off the sticker price. I told him it sounded good but there were $4000 of options I had no interest in. He took an additional $4000 off the price and I agreed. The entire negotiation took less than 5 minutes. I got a bunch of options I now really like such as the memory setting for the power drivers seat and mirrors and the nav system and cooling seats and heated steering wheel. The sunroof doesn't bother me even though I will never use it.

It is your choice if you want to pay a lot more to get exactly the options you want.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

My current truck has 3.73 gears and I like them.
My camper only weighs 4000 lbs.
Not so sure I'd want the 4.30 gears. 3.55s might be just fine.
I set my cruise at 70 mph with the camper and I'm getting a little over 10 mpg.
My trans spends most of its time in 5th gear which is barely an overdrive.

I'd love to drive a new 7.3 gas with the 10 speed trans.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

You will almost always do better, often way better, on price by buying from a dealer's lot. .

Did not work for me.
I research dealers in 1500 miles radius.
Washington had a dealer who would discount $9000 from $80,000 truck, but than I would not get the options I wanted when I would have to live with options who I did not want.
80 miles from my home I found a dealer who offer me $6000 off special order.
The truck I build retailed $66k, so I paid $60k and I remember Ford had another $1000 special at the time.
By the time my truck arrived, the MSRP went up $900, but dealer hold the price.

mbloof

Beaverton, OR

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lonegunman wrote:

I work near three large lakes so summer in this area is packed with TC's towing fishing boats. The most common supercab fix for the antenna hitting the camper is a length of hose over the antenna. It looked weird the first few times I saw it.

I have a 2017 Ford Supercab and a 2014 NL:
[image]

the radio antenna is simply not a issue.

- Mark0.

Oregun

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, I like/agree with all your choices for truck/options with the only exception being
I personally would probably skip the 4x4 on a dually to get a lower camper & COG.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2022 F350 order options for TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.