cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

running boards

beeman1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Class C Winnebago outlook on a 2018 ford e450. The running boards are so narrow that they are really useless. Anyone know where or how to widen the boards. I hate to spends lots of bucks to replace. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would look under your rig and see how your running boards are attached. That may help determining what can be attached. After that, do a search for running boards for your chassis and/or contact some shops that do that type of work and see if they can help.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen E450 bus conversions with running boards that are a foot wide.
Now where you can get them will take some research.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2019 Ford E450 chassis on our Jayco Class C. The running boards are stardard aluminum, wide enough to put half (or more) of your foot on to climb in/out. I would assume they are same as yours. Doing an internet search shows me they are pretty much identical (some were colored all black, some where just the aluminum natural color). I doubt they are specific to Winnebago, as it bolts/attaches to the Ford chassis/cab.

Point is, you could check online with autoanything website (just one of many) or go to a local truck accessories shop (where I live near Peoria, IL there are 2) that does running boards, window tint etc. They can look up on an E450 chassis and see what is available. I know you said you don't want to replace but worth checking.

Lastly, a suggestion might be a local fab shop. If they are good with aluminum, have them weld/bolt panels to widen them as you wish. The RV portion of the CLass C is like 8 foot wide, but the cab is not...so you have room to play with.