flathead92
Explorer
Explorer
Chula Vista RV resort in Chula Vista CA is closing this Oct. how sad
12 REPLIES 12

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Just checked prices at Costa Vista......$165 per night!!!!
Too rich for my blood!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

flathead92
Explorer
Explorer
we were just there, they have to pic of the new hotel/conve center the new RV park is north and is a 15 min walk to bay and new meaning to lush landscape. WTF didnt the Hotel build there??????

2002_HR_Endeavo
Explorer
Explorer
Be sitting down when you hear how much the spaces will cost -- I don't recall the amount but I was seriously shocked.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
mlpeloquin wrote:
It will close when the lease is up on the property. Apparently the land will be part of Costa Vista. A one billion dollar hotel and convention center and RV park. Guess how much a spot in the new park will cost?

Must be like the RV Park in Newport Beach, more expensive than a 4-star hotel rate.

Fidel_Gastro
Explorer
Explorer
All the planets need to align for a campground or RV park to be the most financially beneficial use of real estate. I've seen more than one campground ripped out in the recent past, one I know of that was in business for over 50 years is now where the Pittsburgh Penguins train north of Pittsburgh, and is now part of UPMC.

mlpeloquin
Explorer
Explorer
It will close when the lease is up on the property. Apparently the land will be part of Costa Vista. A one billion dollar hotel and convention center and RV park. Guess how much a spot in the new park will cost?

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there in March of 2015 and they said they were closing - time will tell
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Must not be due to slow business.

15 acres of beachside property? My guess would be some developer made the owner an offer he can't refuse and that it will soon become a hotel or condo building.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
This has been several years in the making, like around 3-5 years now. Chula Vista was supposed to have closed back in 2019. City of Chula Vista is tearing everything down for a billion dollar convention center, hotel, and other amenities. Up on 'E' street the company developed Costa Vista RV Park, which just opened, as a replacement for Chula Vista RV. So I can you can say the RV park is just moving to a new location.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Must not be due to slow business. Campgrounds are so packed that we used to prefer public campgrounds but now have no alternative but to use commercial RV resorts -- and even then, vacancies are hard to come by..

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If this drought gets any worse I'm wondering if anything will be open this winter. Sorry snowbirds, we ain't got no water.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm. Their website does not say they are closing -- but there are no reservations available after Oct. 17.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."