cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Space under slide to add plywood to floor

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an industry standard as to how much room is under the side room (between the floor and slide room) ? I found a soft spot on the main trailer floor, I fix the leak but would like to stiffen up the floor. Thinking plywood. I stuck my fingers inder the slide so there is room but thought I'd ask here where people may all delt a problem like this.

Thank you
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much
4 REPLIES 4

Explorer II
Explorer II
I had the same problem. The soft spot was under the back corner of the slide. Right where the slide met the wall. I pulled the slide about 3/4 of the way out. I got under the slide and slid a 1'X 2' 14ga steel plate between the carpet and decking. I bought the pre-cut plate at HD. It wasn't easy but I got it in. There was a black fabric material between the decking and carpet that gave me problems. I filed the corners and edges of the plate smooth so it would slide in easier without catching on the carpet or fabric.

About a year later the floor deteriorated enough that it became a large soft spot. Even after the leak was fixed. It cost me $2800 to have it done right 12 years ago. I have no idea how much that would cost today. I do know they had to pull out the slide to fix it.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or use a piece of plate steel. That's what I did on my boat. I just pulled back the carpet and slid the plate in, then stapled the carpet back in place.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
They make an adhesive that is injected into the soft spot and hardens. Not expensive and may be best. Look on YouTube for guidance.

I think this was developed for boats, if that give you a place to start looking.
Might think about injecting from below where any mess will be hidden

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
They make an adhesive that is injected into the soft spot and hardens. Not expensive and may be best. Look on YouTube for guidance.