cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little fans in skylight

Hemling
Explorer
Explorer
Where can I source the little fans in the skylight assemblies? This is for a Keystone Sprinter. I have one in each skylight, and one just went out of balance and self-destructed. All I can find are the complete skylight assemblies, but it would be ideal to just wire in a new fan.
7 REPLIES 7

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
OP said little fans, so unlikely he is talking about a Fantastic or Maxair fan, he means the cheapo vents with the small fan in the corner.
I would just get the $12 computer fan, it is in a frame already, and will run off of 12 volts. It will move air, but not sure if more or less than what you have. You are not needed a huge amt of air moved or you would already be looking at the Fantastic fans.
A friend used 4 of these computer fans together which took up the entire 14x14 opening and it moved more air.
These are super quiet too.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
larry cad wrote:
Vast majority of fans in RVs are Fantastic Fans.

Fan parts

Not so. The vast majority are the cheaper Ventline and older Jensen roof vent. Fantastic are in the higher line Trailers and Motorhomes. This link will point the OP to his fan and blade and switch. This is the fan motor that operates the BLADE of a powered roof vent, not the lid up and down. Doug

https://www.amazon.com/Ventline-BVD021800-Fan-Motor/dp/B0038AAW16/ref=asc_df_B0038AAW16/?tag=hyprod-...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081PL8K36/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B081PL8K36&pd_rd_w=klTvH&pf_...

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I had that little noisy fan in our bathroom. I replaced it with a box fan (computer fan). Moves the same amount of air with much less noise. A little thought and creativity are required.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I donโ€™t think so. Many or most higher end RVโ€™s may have one or more, many or most that have swapped fans/vents perhaps have replaced the original vent with Fantastic. But I still think the vast majority of the RV world (MH (ABCโ€™s), TT, TC, 5ver) come with the small fan vent in bathrooms and in the kitchen area. Heck even my $110k mh from Newmar came with the little vent fans.

larry cad wrote:

Fan parts
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer

Fan parts
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming the motor is still okay, you probably can find a suitable fan blade with a bit of searching online. Here is one possibility from American Science and Surplus that may or may not be suitable. (If appropriate in size and bore, it would make the most sense to seek out other nifty stuff from them to get at the same time as the postage and handling on just the fan blades would be much more than they cost--assuming you aren't in the general vicinity of their retail stores). Here's a different one from Electronic Goldmine.

If both the motor and blade are bad, I'd look for a largeish diameter 12V muffin fan, of which there are zillions of options available, and figure out some way of mounting it in place. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You must be talking "vents".
Yes they can be replaced.
I would suggest upgrading to a better assembly. Several companies make units that move more air and are quieter.
Amazon has a good selection of parts and replacement units.
RV fans on Amazon

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker