cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight 93 Memorial

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
Will be passing thru near this memorial on our next trip this fall. Didn't realize it was close by until stops were reserved on a six week trip. Is it accessible with a 38' fifth wheel? We spent an "all expense paid" week sleeping on the floor in a Church in Newfoundland during 9 11 and would like to see it.
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
9 REPLIES 9

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, now how to get to Memorial from Somerset and then to Hwy 30 going east? Thanks,
2017 Montana 3611 RL

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
There are some RV spots in the visitor parking lot. We stopped there several years ago and decided to stay longer and managed to get into a state park not far from the memorial. Well worth the trip and don't plan on spending a few minutes there. For those of us who were adult at the time it is a start reminder of how things were
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham - I agree wholeheartly!!! Thanks for all the info.
2017 Montana 3611 RL

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
The memorial is worth visiting. Very emotional experience. Friendship Village is a good place to stay. While you are at it, check out Gravity Hill.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We were in that area for a week in Oct 2020. Stayed at a nice camp ground not far from there, saw 13 covered bridges, the Quecreek mine site, spent a whole day at the memorial site, and the list goes on. We have a Smart car toad and drove all over the place. Nice area and there is plenty of room for your RV at the memorial

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is room at the Memorial for rv parking but the drive there does involve a climb coming from the west, not sure from the east. We usually stay at Friendship Village in Bedford then just take the car to Flight 93
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
(Off topic): Kudos to those Newfies. Salt of the Earth people.
I suspect you agree!

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
There web site says that there is parking for RV's near the visitor center.

RV's are welcome. There are over-sized vehicle parking spots in the parking area at the Visitor Center Complex and at the Memorial Plaza. RV's are welcome.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So many heroes on that plane. “Let’s roll.”
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad