cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cooling fans for external coils.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I've just installed 4 cooling fans in the exhaust hood of my refrigerator (Dometrics DM2652RBX). I have the standard installation of the refrigerator (not in a slide)
I used 4 ARCTIC F14 Silent - 140 mm Case Fans with a LM YN DC 12V Digital Thermostat Module. This arrangement cooled the exhaust Air by 30ยฐF. I'm happy!
I also purchased a lazer/infrared temperature gun.

Now the question is what temp should I set the controler as a low temp setting?

There is nothing proprietary in this posting, it just describes what I did to my TT as a DYI project.

TIA WNYBob
4 REPLIES 4

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I've been aiming the gun at the coils

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
That's a great idea. I have a similar setup in my slide mounted fridge flue in our MH. Just keep in mind that you can't use your infrared thermometer gun to measure air temperature. Air is not dense enough, you end up getting the temperature of the hard surface behind where your pointing.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think my fridge fan setup turns on @ around 80*. It's a built in setup, but that's what I seem to recall about it.

It pretty much runs anytime the fridge is cooling with either 120v or gas. Which is good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some details of the equipment used.
Thermostat controller used.
Fans used (ultra quiet)