garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
20 REPLIES 20

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
And now a strike is looming โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Fortunately some 90% of those staff are essential workers (talk about an oxymoron) so they will still be on the job.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you JaxDad for the reminder that ALL Canadian citizens cannot be denied entry into this country. The previous post, IMHO, is politically incorrect at best, and racist at worst. I like your comment about "aggressive staffers". Let's face it, these comments are usually a reflection of what the top party brass is thinking about a particular issue, again IMHO.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johnny G1 wrote:
Flight's from India are supposed to be banned but they are still coming in byway of Belgrade and Frankfurt, friend came in from Belgrade 2 weeks ago and the plane was full of East Indian's and they were handed a virus test kit to be done @ home through zoom, so much for what the media tells everybody.

I think thereโ€™s some misinformation in there. There are vast numbers of East Indians who are also Canadian citizens, despite what some politically motivated special interest groups would like you to believe, it is very tough for the government to deny a citizen entry into their own country.

Here in Ontario one federal political party was heavily running a series of ads condemning the government for โ€˜not closing the borderโ€™ until folks started pointing out that a Canadian is allowed to come back home regardless of their skin colour..

Given the number of East Indian voters in important risings, that party quickly dropped those ads and tried to blame a few aggressive staffers.

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Flight's from India are supposed to be banned but they are still coming in byway of Belgrade and Frankfurt, friend came in from Belgrade 2 weeks ago and the plane was full of East Indian's and they were handed a virus test kit to be done @ home through zoom, so much for what the media tells everybody.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is the latest media source of this topic.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:
2g's wrote:
SideHillSoup wrote:
This is the official site

Canadian Govt

Note: "and who qualify as fully vaccinated travellers,"

Did you take the time to open any links on the page I supplied and read them?

Click on this link under the heading ( Check if you qualify for the exemption) or the page that Steve so kindly opened.

Itโ€™s pretty straightforward

Soup.

YES, I READ THE LINK..... and that's why I was suggesting that folks make Note: "and who qualify as fully vaccinated travellers," meaning..... they need to read who qualifies.

Yep... my reply was pretty straightforward

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
2g's wrote:
SideHillSoup wrote:

Canadian Govt

Did you take the time to open any links on the page I supplied and read them?

Click on this link under the heading ( Check if you qualify for the exemption) or the page that Steve so kindly opened.

Itโ€™s pretty straightforward

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
This needs to be more clear and less complicated. I had to cancel last year because of the border being closed.

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:

Canadian Govt

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
We're only in the first day of this relaxed entry program. I probed the Canada official sites and see some inconsistency in what is or will not be required, vis-a-vis testing, etc. I expect these will be ironed out in the days to come.
I'll hoping to get into Ontario via Windsor on September 5 for family visiting. Unclear so far if that will work out.
Likewise, I expect the US will work some reciprocal arrangement out in the near future.
Not yet time for outrage, folks!

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
enblethen wrote:
Need to read all the exemption information.

travel restrictions
Last I heard it would be Oct 1 for full access with limited exemptions,

there is a lot that was said but the new didnt report on because it isnt as news worth and wont get people as excited. this is all subject to the Canadian population hitting a spicific thresh hold for our imunized population, ie.the date can and will be pushed back if this isnt met. and it is also condidtional that there is no increase in case count once it starts or the boarder can be closed again.

what is realy to bad is the US goverment didnt see fit to recipocate to Canadians.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Who really thought that the gates would just be thrown open? Of course there are requirements. Of course there are steps to be followed. Get real....take care of business...get x2 vaccinated and live your life. But for Gods sake, don't be crying if you haven't got your jab and now can't come. It is your choice...right?

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Please keep posts factual. Misinformation or incorrect information will be deleted.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Need to read all the exemption information.

travel restrictions
Last I heard it would be Oct 1 for full access with limited exemptions,

Yeah and those throw a big wrench into the gears:
CanGov wrote:
Fully vaccinated travellers must follow the entry requirements:

Pre-entry test required
Quarantine plan in case you donโ€™t get the exemption
Arrival test
Requirements checklist

Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Pre-entry test required

Pre-entry testing for travellers