cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canada opens land border and more airports to US visitors

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Canada will open it's land border and more airports to entry by US citizens and permanent residents who are fully vaccinated.

August 9.

Canada Border Services Agency
9 REPLIES 9

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
capacitor wrote:
Thank you, I did that and it said I cannot enter.

you know its is 3 or 4 weeks out and most likely not active yet. I havent looked at it but it must tell you why.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, I did that and it said I cannot enter.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
capacitor,

Sorry. You do have to follow the rules. And that means registering online.

You must use ArriveCAN to enter your proof of vaccination, quarantine and travel information.

If you don't provide the required information in ArriveCAN before arriving at the border you won't be considered for the exemption, even if you meet all the other requirements.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
capacitor wrote:
I have a passport and a vaccination card that states I have two shots but that isn't good enough? I have two aunts/uncles and a slew of cousins in Victoria, B.C. that I would like to visit.

its better than what the US is doing for us. no pleasure restrictions lifted at all for Canadians.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
I have a passport and a vaccination card that states I have two shots but that isn't good enough? I have two aunts/uncles and a slew of cousins in Victoria, B.C. that I would like to visit.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
capacitor wrote:
Sounds like they donโ€™t want us there. Keep your money in the states.

You are welcome here in Canada, the Covid is not.

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like they donโ€™t want us there. Keep your money in the states.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to the government site and check the requirements before you statrt planning. A pretest and arrival test and that implies you are held at the border until the report comes back at your expense:
Can Gov wrote:
Fully vaccinated travellers must follow the entry requirements:

Pre-entry test required
Quarantine plan in case you donโ€™t get the exemption
Arrival test
Requirements checklist

Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Pre-entry test required

Pre-entry testing for travellers
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very good news!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad