Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: levelers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> levelers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/21 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfoot does an excellent job installing and configuring them.
http://www.thebigfootleveler.com/

They do the install at the factory in White Pigeon Michigan and have electric hookups for overnighting when doing your install.

2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 01:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm the oddball. I have hydraulic levers and hardly ever use them. My next rv, I will be back to using wood and interior levels. Doing it that way has made lift easier for me. I don't even have to push a button now to level it.
I installed two bubble levels, one on the dash for right to left and just above the passengers head for my front to rear level. Whenever I park, I adjust my position so I'm level, then I set up my campsite around that rv position.
Since I did that I can find a level spot on most campsites and parking lots. I only use my levelers to test them , to see if they still work or not.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/21 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

I'm the oddball. I have hydraulic levers and hardly ever use them. My next rv, I will be back to using wood and interior levels. Doing it that way has made lift easier for me. I don't even have to push a button now to level it.
I installed two bubble levels, one on the dash for right to left and just above the passengers head for my front to rear level. Whenever I park, I adjust my position so I'm level, then I set up my campsite around that rv position.
Since I did that I can find a level spot on most campsites and parking lots. I only use my levelers to test them , to see if they still work or not.
I think Bob may be onto something. Most of us that responded about our levelers have much longer MH's 29-40 ft. His is a 24 ft MH. Being much shorter he can position the MH in a level spot easier that a longer MH. I wonder how many other people with 22-25ft MH's feel they need a leveling system? Maybe Bob is not an odd ball after all.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like our levelers for more than just the ease of leveling. The stability they provide so we're not rocking and rolling when one of us moves around is also important to us. We park on too many sites that require significant leveling with little option for moving around to find a level spot to want to go back to blocks for leveling. We did that years ago with a 21' Class C, but never again...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/21 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have Bigfoot auto leveling on our 5th wheel....17 years old and work flawlessly. “If” our Bigfoot Class C didn’t already have hydraulic leveling from another manufacturer ..... I would go with Bigfoot! Yep, you read that correctly.....I would have Bigfoot auto leveling on our Bigfoot! [emoticon] memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

WinMinnie02

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Class C is 30 feet 2002 and we have RVed for almost 20 years, only used wood to level it but not very often. We never stay for more than 3 days at one campground since the purpose of the Class C is to move often during vacation, except for Disney Fort Wilderness. I probably would have ordered it with levelers but lived without it.

maillemaker

office

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

We like our levelers for more than just the ease of leveling. The stability they provide so we're not rocking and rolling when one of us moves around is also important to us. We park on too many sites that require significant leveling with little option for moving around to find a level spot to want to go back to blocks for leveling. We did that years ago with a 21' Class C, but never again...

I agree. To me, the biggest benefit to leveling jacks is that the coach becomes rock-solid when they are down. No bouncing around on the suspension!

1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> levelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.