Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: SEMI cameras
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> SEMI cameras

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/21 03:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They have mirrors everywhere. The trucker knew where they were.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/21 05:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem is not... generally.. the truckers. I was riding shotgun with my brother and he ask where a motorcycle that suddenly appeared in front of us was.
(He had come up on the right. there is a reason you should not pass on the right except at an intersection where the car you are passing is turning LEFT)

I said "I don't know but I think we have tire tracks on our front bumper" Meaning he road over it. or at least close enough to touch it.

Cutting in front of a Semi like that is ... Or any other vehicle for that matter... IS simply stupid. and I've had it happen with my motor home (And one of those little rag top sports car would not have even made a good bump if I'd have run over it) and in my car. DO NOT cut in front of people if you enjoy life... IF you want to die, there are better ways.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Z-Peller wrote:

Many years ago I went to professional truck driver school for a class 1 with air. Was taught there to NEVER pull up so close behind a stopped vehicle that you cannot pullout again without backing up. If traffic ahead in your lane jambs up or vehicle in front of you stalls and traffic is pulled up close behind you, you are stuck there.

I was also told to keep far back enough to see the tires of vehicle in front of me.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tell you a story about Atlanta traffic and pulling close to the vehicle in front of you. As a young man, I had a variety of jobs. One of which was for Chevron (Standard Oil back then) One of our transport drivers was approaching a redlight and had slowed down to keep from completely stopping. Driver of a convertible sports car passes our guy on the left lane and then quickly changed back to the left lane wanting to turn left at the inter section. Light turned red and our driver stopped. When the light went green, the sports car sat there waiting to make his left turn until the opposing driver cleared the intersection. Our driver did not see him because of the big hood on the Peterbilt. He starts forward and strikes the sports car. He felt the bump and thought it was the liquid load in one of the compartments bumping the partition. He gets another gear and pushes the sports car across the intersection until someone yells and gets him stopped.
Atlanta traffic is strange on some streets and the drivers do dangerous things without even knowing it is dangerous. Tall hoods of big trucks are fine for interstates but heavy traffic and surface streets are not the best combinations with the trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> SEMI cameras
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.