Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I-44 and I-40 Thru Oklahoma
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I-44 and I-40 Thru Oklahoma

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
CarnationSailor

Carnation,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/21 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend told me that he just travelled thru Oklahoma and the roads were "terrible". I'm waiting for him to tell me which roads, but in the mean time, what is the condition of I-44 and I-40 thru Oklahoma. (I am planning to go thru OK at the beginning of October.)

Thanks

2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we took I40 all the way across and it was terrible in that it has that old concrete pavement and it is thump, thump. THUMP all the way across the state. The OK road builders also do a bad job of matching road surfaces to bridges so you get a really big thump on those.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just travelled from Springfield MO to Amarillo TX, so we drove all the way thru OK on 44 then 40. agesilaus is right....thump thump thump. Our motorhome wheelbase was such that we heard it but didn't bounce that much. However, some years ago, had a truck where we rock'n'rolled I believe due to wheelbase and slab distance, if that makes sense.

Point is, I live in IL and the roads here are for the most part "worse" but OK's roads are not that bad. THere are sections where the thump is really bad (loud) but overall, it will be fine.

BTW, my biggest complaint for OK roads is why a toll between OK City and Tulsa? Never understood that one.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I-44 and I-40 Thru Oklahoma
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.