cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need key help

stressmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 kodiak scamper 160 by thor. the lock for the pull out latches say 301 but I don't have a key. I just bought this. anyone know what key I need?
11 REPLIES 11

stressmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Nv Guy wrote:
There was an industry change from Trimark (typically roundish key head) to FIC then to Global (both square heads) over the years. Most likely your coach will have either FIC or Global.
Your entry door key will either say FIC or have Global lock molded into the plastic. Good chance the compartment locks are the same brand.
The RV biz is notorious for using the same/ common (generic) locks for the compartments so your dealer should have some of the common (generic) compartment keys lying around as every coach comes from the factory with lots of extra compartment keys.
If not, order either FIC or Global keys from the sites linked in earlier posts.

It does have a fic 302 on door which I already need to replace as bolt is broken.

stressmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Tyvm everyone. Luckily it isn't locked atm. But I'm adding a 300w solar system and then it needs to actually lock.

stressmaster
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
If you are near Flint, MI I might have one. but.... Not worth looking if you are not nearby. NOT SELLING them. Disposing of them.

Appleton Wisconsin

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Locksmith is a good answer. Wife locked keys in our fiver and locksmith had it open in no time. Could have made keys right there at the campsite.
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are near Flint, MI I might have one. but.... Not worth looking if you are not nearby. NOT SELLING them. Disposing of them.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
There was an industry change from Trimark (typically roundish key head) to FIC then to Global (both square heads) over the years. Most likely your coach will have either FIC or Global.
Your entry door key will either say FIC or have Global lock molded into the plastic. Good chance the compartment locks are the same brand.
The RV biz is notorious for using the same/ common (generic) locks for the compartments so your dealer should have some of the common (generic) compartment keys lying around as every coach comes from the factory with lots of extra compartment keys.
If not, order either FIC or Global keys from the sites linked in earlier posts.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if Global is a universal fit for that number as there are FIC and Bauer numbered keys also.
keys
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
A good locksmith can provide you with key. I don't mean a hardware type store.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly just a regular global link key Clicky
You local RV dealer may have it also

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many RV use the same key for those lockers: CH751. That might be the key you need. If no one else has a suggestion you need to call a locksmith if you cannot geta lock cylinder out to take to one. They can make keys.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Try etrailer They have them.