cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagara Falls

mpgalloway
Explorer
Explorer
All my wife and I are looking at going to Niagara fall in Feb 2022, any suggestions on where to stay on the US side?
8 REPLIES 8

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd also say that February is not a great month to visit Niagara Falls unless it's a stop on the way to ski country. The OP has a rig that can handle the weather, so perhaps they have other plans suitable for the weather. And...if there is some fresh snow and ice, the view of the falls can be tremendous, especially you are lucky enough to have some sunny, blue sky days. There are some great indoor attractions if you can cross the border including the Butterfly Conservatory and the Aviary.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on what you want to see, February may not be the best option, while the Niagara Falls State Park is open year around, many things are not, like Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds some of the view points and walkways.
Having been born & raised in Central Ny, I may be biased, as I've never been a fan of winter, now that I'm old, I hate it even more.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed at Four Mile Creek State Park a few years back from a recommendation from here. Loved it, nice and green, grass and close to the Falls.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Give this campground a call!

This campground may be open all year...I'm not really sure. We stayed there a couple of years ago and it was off season but I was still able to hook up water. I would think in February, you would have to use your water tanks. It's a small campground and very basic, but the sites are paved. I think you would be about 20-30 minutes from the falls tourist area.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Michelle.S wrote:
and the Falls half frozen.

And Very interesting and beautifully
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Folks if they're going in FEBRUARY they are not camping because all campgrounds will be closed and the Falls half frozen.
Been there in the winter, but just as a Day Trip with the Girl Scouts.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Four Mile Creek State Park on Lake Ontario, about a 15 mi drive into town. Nice CG, no crowds & no noise.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed here twice. 4 Mile Creek
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.