cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel Pump & Gas Filter for Onan Mobile Genset 4KY

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Dear Friends .... Also Having a starting & running situation with my Onan Mobile Genset 4KY as it is described in the operator's manual.

When primer is activated No fuel is being pumped to the carburetor. Local RV dealers do not carry the Fuel Pump & Gas Filter in stock, for the unit. Would like to ask our Family Form members if anybody knows of where I can locate these components and if I may be able to do this job myself? Would I need to order with the Model & Serial #?

Any an all information would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much! KK USAF 62-66
5 REPLIES 5

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
I found my parts on Amazon and PPL Motorhomes.

Thank you! Hoping that I should be able to track it/them down without needing the Model# Serial# other than the description KC

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
When you push the prime button, do you hear the pump? Is there voltage to the pump? If you can hear the pump, attach a short hose to the inlet and see if the pump will suck gas from a gas can.
Did you remove the filter and try to blow through it?
Your post indicates that you are just trying to throw $$ at your generator instead of trouble shooting the problem.

Richard

I should have been more specific. The generator has a stop-prime & start button on the exterior of the unit. When the stop-prime button is/was pushed with the gas line disconnected from the carburetor you do not hear the pump and there is no gas being pumped from the line to carburetor. Hope this helps? CC

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Most mh the generator gas pick up tube does not go below 1/4 tank.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
When you push the prime button, do you hear the pump? Is there voltage to the pump? If you can hear the pump, attach a short hose to the inlet and see if the pump will suck gas from a gas can.
Did you remove the filter and try to blow through it?
Your post indicates that you are just trying to throw $$ at your generator instead of trouble shooting the problem.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

1995brave
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found my parts on Amazon and PPL Motorhomes.