Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

can this possibly be true? 150 amp hours $46.51 cdn

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Li Lovers.

https://www.auioneer.com/products/lithium-battery?fbclid=IwAR3uck013XqVw5lJTyowr4SsXNvOSuWg5_c_-LDhg...

How is this possible?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
23 REPLIES 23

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
No

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
So tossing less than what some people single bet is at least to me, not foolish.

I'm eager to hear your analysis.

As a minor update, I got as far as the โ€˜checkoutโ€™ and saw that the shipping (based on my address) was C$7.99 (~US$10), so for giggles I changed my address to that of my daughterโ€™s place on the Wet Coast (4,000 miles away), surprise, the shipping was still the same. Finally I changed the address again to that of my place in Florida, guess what?

Yup, the shipping was still the same amountโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s possible they have hundreds of warehouses across the globe โ€ฆโ€ฆ.

Or not โ€ฆ..

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I see folks paying a hundred dollars a pound for 50% fat steaks. I'm eager to hear your analysis.
Yeah, but at least they get a steak. I find it a bit difficult to lose $100 in a slot machine and use that to justify going online to buy a pig in a poke.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I used to take my mother to fancy dinners at Harrah's Reno. First we passed **** tables where people plunked white $100 chips which were often scooped away a roll of the dice later. Climbing to the second floor we passed by long lines waiting to get into the bargain Chow Hall. Our dinners were linen, real silver and gourmet prepared.

So tossing less than what some people single bet is at least to me, not foolish. It's a gamble yes, but maybe they will be enough battery to satisfy your needs. I see folks paying a hundred dollars a pound for 50% fat steaks. I'm eager to hear your analysis.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mex, thatโ€™s a good point, even as a lawn tractor or power sports battery itโ€™s still half the usual price of a conventional battery which still lasts only a year these days.

Iโ€™m going to order a couple, purely as an experiment.

Estoy muy agradecido por su ayuda.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Opinion:
This has all the earmarks of being an off-spec UL-1 garden tractor battery that the Chinese are trying to dump. No reputable vendor wants to touch it so it is being sold as an E CAVEAT EMPTOR special with no recourse for claims or warranty. Factory manufacturers lose much face in China when they get stuck with a couple hundred pallets of unsellable merchandise. But word gets around quickly in the mass import markets. Remember the THUNDERPROOF INVERTER? The price kept dropping until it could be had for seventy dollars. Customers posted horrible revelations about smoke, flames and wild electricity. A friend bought a pallet of Chinese clothes irons that were epoxied without being soldered. He paid a dollar. But they had "burn proof" 3 meter silicone power cords. About 15 gauge. The irons went to the iron recycler in Ensenada, and we had 72 power cords for a dollar. The 620 mile journey was a negative.

With regard to the latest garbage offer, someone with a 12-volt CPAP Might want to take a roll of the dice and see if they come up with 12-***** boxcars, line inn. But stake your bet this is a 20 amp hour minus 20% usable battery. 16 amp hours which would get someone through the night for a period.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have seen that add and decided to try it using a protected card.
They do not take Pay Pal. (Which adds to the suspicion) but I do expect it to be fraud. However even if it's only a 15AH battery.... I can use it.

Bump this thread in a week or 3 and I'll have more
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
pianotuna wrote:
BFL13,

No, it is in storage in Regina. I will demoth ball it at the end of August for some long overdue piano tuning out of town work trips. That is "IF" covid cooperates.

For those trips, I'll be using the existing batteries for load support.

One issue will be getting the fuel out of the generator.
Mine's been in storage (beside my house) since March 2020. The advantage is that I can run the generator monthly so I don't have to worry about the gas.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
pianotuna wrote:

If I could find a true cold weather Li at an identical or lower cost per cycle as SiO2 I would consider it. But that means it needs to be usable without heaters at -40. So far that is only Lithium Titinate--at about 4 times the cost per cycle. SiO2 are a better choice for me.

I think I found one for you. albetra li makes a extreem version that has an added feature, if the batteries are below a spicifc temp the charging current will be re-routed to an internal heater untill the batteries are warm enough and then they will charge.

sorry didnt see the "with out heaters", I just thought that this is a neet way to do it as it is all automatic and doesnt use the actual battery power to warm them up.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
BFL13,

No, it is in storage in Regina. I will demoth ball it at the end of August for some long overdue piano tuning out of town work trips. That is "IF" covid cooperates.

For those trips, I'll be using the existing batteries for load support.

One issue will be getting the fuel out of the generator.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
PT thanks for the update. So is the RV stuck in the States?

I just did a major job on the roof of our C and had all the solar off to do that. Only put back the 275w panel, so have three 100w panels doing nothing for now--don't need them on the TC. 275w is enough for what we do nowadays. (Yes, you can have too much solar! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Hope it all works out for your situation eventually. Agree that Covid problems are not over by a long shot so "stay safe" still applies. Be good if we can get back to "normal".
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
BFL13 wrote:
PT, why are you still looking at LFPs? You are supposed to be getting a bunch of SiO2s last heard. I see Azimuth still has 37 of the 50 they got before Xmas, and no drop in price. Noted where you said there is a deal on getting 50. Hmmmm. Shelf life happening!

We don't even know if you have your RV back home yet. Are you in fact going to join the Rv Down South and get LFPs for it?

What is really going on? We deserve to know! Bated breath of the multitude wanting answers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi BFL13,

No Li batteries in my future. The RV has been in storage for 17 months, and will be there for some time. So there is no great rush for me to get anything. I'm considering 1400 watts of solar. The existing batteries are in usable shape, so I may do solar first.

I don't think I'll be doing any of the upgrades I wish to do until summer of 2022. The USA border is still closed to land traffic. As the D variant spirals out of control, and vaccinations are simply not happening, I may not be going south again this year--at least not by RV.

3tons,

If I could find a true cold weather Li at an identical or lower cost per cycle as SiO2 I would consider it. But that means it needs to be usable without heaters at -40. So far that is only Lithium Titinate--at about 4 times the cost per cycle. SiO2 are a better choice for me.

As Mex is fond of saying "every thing now comes with a life time guarantee". SiO2 will outlast me.

If I do upgrade solar it may be best to redo the roof membrane first.
Regards, Don

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
it could be possible, you can reduce the cost of batteries by up to 80% probably on grade A cells if you reduce shipping enough and get a big enough volume discount.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Per BFL, โ€œPT why are you still looking at LFPโ€™s??โ€

Though LFPโ€™s are not for everyone, my sense is that PT has had a bit more time to weigh his options and consider their advantages against their potential cold weather disadvantagesโ€ฆ I did the same (i.e. during neighbors camper LFP build and testingโ€ฆ), and is always what one needs to do - no harm in this whatsoever, JMHO

3 tons