cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold "C" code

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
My 2011 Norcold fridge gave me a "C" code last weekend. I plug in to AC at home, let the fridge get to temp and then run on propane while traveling. Fridge fired up on propane as expected. When I arrived at the campground, noticed the "C" code. Found that indicates low voltage. Plugged into AC at the campground and fridge worked fine. When leaving, unplugged from AC and "C" code returned. Plugged brake harness into truck and fridge fired up and "C" code was gone.

So, is this a battery problem or convertor problem? My Shumaker charger says the battery is at 12.4 volts.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
9 REPLIES 9

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Should have said to use a meter! Visual inspection is not enough!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What does your digital voltmeter read at the battery when this happens? At the connections at the back (outside) of the refrigerator when this happens?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check battery connections.
Check the fuse or circuit breaker adjacent to the battery. Follow the main battery positive cable to fuse or circuit breaker. It normally is located at the junction of main battery cable, umbilical cord and trailer wiring.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
penguin149 wrote:
That's what I'm hoping! It's a new battery (this season) but it's a NeverStart from WalMart. I knew better and did it anyway!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Nothing really wrong with the battery choice. Maybe you just got a bad one?

There are really only a couple battery manufacturers with different stickers applied to make the brands. I've used WalMart batteries for years with good service.

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
Shore power is good. When connected to truck is good. Only problem is when on TT battery.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Use a meter to check battery voltage. Then check DC voltage at refer circuit board.
What happens when plugged into shore power?
It may not be battery, but corroded connection.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I'm hoping! It's a new battery (this season) but it's a NeverStart from WalMart. I knew better and did it anyway!! ๐Ÿ˜„

JayeByrd
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with madjack - I vote battery issue. Any reading under 12.8 on my rig has me looking at batteries

madjack60
Explorer
Explorer
Yep it's a battery problem, I'm thinking 13 v will make that code go away. My battery runs 13.6 to 14.4