cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on my Travel-Lite

Jorswift
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2003 R-Vision Travel-Lite. In great condition, no leaks ! Doing some routine maintenance on it and want to drop the steel undercarriage, but Iโ€™m uncertain of the sealant under the trim pieces holding it. Looks like a dicor product, but not sure. It goes under the trim and gets smooshed in and around the joint. Any ideas? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
The harsh Texas sun ruined some of my decals so you must constantly apply a good quality protectant such as 303 liquid spray from West Marine and now can find at O'Reilly auto store.

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased my '10 R-Vision 28'OAL last year and so far have had no problems but made several modifications ie swapping analog to digital thermostat, rear carrier, front generator carrier and upgraded the roof AC.
I will be changing the manual awning to a Solera power along with the fabric from Tough Top awning.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I cannot remember my floor being soft but it was not overly hard either.

The steps were a little weak until I bought from RV store some step supports to go underneath when I felt like using them. Rear bumper was strong for both spare tire and bike rack. Did not care for the flimsy screen door but I lived with it. All the appliances worked perfectly including microwave and ac.

There was a recall on the Dometic fridge due to propane leaks and fire hazard that required install of a part but I only used the fridge on electric and never propane. You need to see if your fridge was recalled for repair or not by entering the part number in the U.S. Government recall database online. I never took my in to a dealer because of their common delays etc.

Although they appeared in good shape I replaced tires with good quality Maxxis tires for long x-country trip and used a trailer shop to repack wheel bearings with synthetic grease once a year and they inspected and adjusted the brakes also

Jorswift
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
In 2003 I purchased a used late model 2003 R-Vision Trail Cruiser bunkhouse model and for many many years I had excellent service from that trailer with no major issues or leaks anywhere except for minor road debris damage and slight wear and tear issues. Once a year or more often I replaced old outside caulking with new in those areas needed and just for fun I applied a new coat of rubber roofing in full or certain areas including flanges and fastener points. Did not need it but I did it anyway. Never any leaks period.

That year model was well constructed for a lite TT. If you have no reason to I would not engage in any modifications or dismantling just for inspection. Enjoy

Awesome! Good to know. We the floor is soft. Was thinking about reinforcing it with some plywood and/or 2x4s. Itโ€™s not rotten as I can see it around the vents and such and also it springs back. The other slight issue is that the steps are kinda busted. Was going to take them off and weld/paint, but canโ€™t get to the top of the bolts without removing a piece from under.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 2003 I purchased a used late model 2003 R-Vision Trail Cruiser bunkhouse model and for many many years I had excellent service from that trailer with no major issues or leaks anywhere except for minor road debris damage and slight wear and tear issues. Once a year or more often I replaced old outside caulking with new in those areas needed and just for fun I applied a new coat of rubber roofing in full or certain areas including flanges and fastener points. Did not need it but I did it anyway. Never any leaks period.

That year model was well constructed for a lite TT. If you have no reason to I would not engage in any modifications or dismantling just for inspection. Enjoy