Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jack knife sofa

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

I have older 2006 basic bunk house TT no slides my sofa is need of replacing. I noticed that this one is a frame screwed down to part of the frame like most ones they make. I was trying out what is the best way to go in replacing it. Furnace is below so need to clear it if using a free standing one a like a foton or get one like my old one. or simply run a plywood across like they do for under dining table and add a brace to help support. Would use some seat cushions and maybe use wall as back support knowing could not slide out in way. Any thoughts or tips pictures of something like being done before?
3 REPLIES 3

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
The frame looks like it is bent, sagging in the middle you can see some of the floor in a spot

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
If somebody is going to sleep on it, a horrible experience on a jack knife sofa, check out magic sofa beds at bradd and hall.
bumpy

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I would take it to an upholstery shop and have them re-do the cushions and fabric. Likely the steel jack knife system is fine and u just have worn out fabric. Then it bolts back in exactly where it came out.
I sold a jacknife for $300 to a guy that planned to re upholstery it, fabric was perfect. The couch has value even as a bare metal frame.