cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US 23 Frankenmuth to Ohio

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience travel US 23 from Frankenmuth Michigan to the Ohio Turnpike?

I will be pulling my 5th wheel. Height is 13’5”. Looking to make sure there are no low overpasses and to see if there are any rest areas.

Thanks in advance.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
6 REPLIES 6

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
The only rest area I can remember is just north of Ann Arbor. To stay on 23 is a left ramp so if you stop at the rest area, when you leave the rest area get over in the left lane. It's about 5 miles to the left hand ramp to stay on 23. THEN you need to get into the righthand lanes to go south on 23. I do believe 2 lanes go right to stay on 23.

23 does not connect directly to 90. You have to stay on 475 and go east and pick up 75 that does connect to 90....OR...get off at exit 6 and take the surface (off highway) road to RT 20 and turn left (again, get in the right hand lane after you turn left onto 20 for the on ramp to 90) and that is the closest on ramp to 90. I take this route when I need to get on the turnpike. Been this way countless times because I used to live in Davison MI and also Cleveland. I hope I made sense to you.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, no issues. Watch your route through Ann Arbor so you stay on 23, and watch your timing so you avoid the traffic.

Can't recall about rest stops, but the service plazas once you get on the OH turnpike are very easy and accessible.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's at least one rest area southbound.

There's also a sign for a low bridge at 14'0" but it was a warning sign and I never saw the actual bridge.

Where it joins up with M14, there's a couple of sharper turns that are well marked, watch your lanes. South of M14 when you get into Ann Arbor area, traffic can get a bit heavy. Depending on the time of day, US23 can back up getting onto I-94.

Outside frankemuth, there's a quaint little strip mall that I will go out of my way to pick up Vodka and flavored vinegar's and oils. There's also Bonner's Christmas store too.

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
How about rest areas
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

Mfan