cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TIP

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I recently heard about the TIP being issued on your phone . No more window stickers..?Has anyone applied for a new TIP and how does it work. Thanks for any info.
13 REPLIES 13

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
There is no decal. You either print out the permission or have it on your phone. The police can scan the Q code you are given. It will take the official to the government data base showing all the info about you and the vehicle.

This system is working well.

Talleyho69
The only phone we have is a stupid phone. Wouldn't work for us!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
navegator wrote:
So the TIP is issued and is on the phone.
If the phone gets stolen how do you prove to the Policia Federeal that the unit is not "ilegal" in Mexico?
You probably will need to get a decal.

navegator

And I wouldn't trust a transito to know that either or they would use it as an excuse for extortion.

I don't doubt that it's true but what a silly idea.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
So the TIP is issued and is on the phone.
If the phone gets stolen how do you prove to the Policia Federeal that the unit is not "ilegal" in Mexico?
You probably will need to get a decal.

navegator

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I guess I could have dispensed with the acronym and just written it out. but this being a Mexico forum I thought people knew about the TIP. Anyways, thanks for the help guys and the Q code mention, Playaboy.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you have the Q code. That is what they use for verification.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
wolfe10 wrote:
Wow, some puzzling replies.

Since this is on the MEXICO section, a TIP is a Temporary Vehicle Importation Permit:

https://www.mexpro.com/mexico/vehicle-import-permit.html

Sorry, I don't have an answer to the OP's question, but it IS a very reasonable one.
Not so puzzling, if you've never heard of a TIP, except in a restaurant.
Glad the OP figured it out though.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
Hang on, I just found what I was looking for. Apparently the TIP is sent out to your E-mail and no physical window holograms are sent out any more. OK, no more confusion for you guys, you can all relax again. Thanks for your help wolf10.

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
What I'm talking about is a Temporary Import Permit for your vehicle. I heard the old window stickers were gone and the new TIPs were accessible through a phone app...??.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, some puzzling replies.

Since this is on the MEXICO section, a TIP is a Temporary Vehicle Importation Permit:

https://www.mexpro.com/mexico/vehicle-import-permit.html

Sorry, I don't have an answer to the OP's question, but it IS a very reasonable one.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
easy to understand. he is talking about the thingy hooked up to the gizmo.
bumpy

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guess i'm not the only techno challenged person on here, cause I thought he was speaking in martian. I read it 3 times and still have no idea what he's talking about, :S
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
What are you talking about?