cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class b generator needed

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy a class b it has a place for a generator but the owner bought it without. It is a 2021 model I called Cummins not available locally until after January 01 of 2022 whatโ€™s up on onboard generators?
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
3 REPLIES 3

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
My 1997 Xplorer 230XL has a spot prewired and insulated for a genny. I use that for much needed storage. I do bring a Honda 2000 for the few times I need a genny. I have a closed bin for carrying it in the van and then set it all outside. Since I do not need a genny much the space is more valuable.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have to be on-board? Some people with a class-B use something like a Honda EU1000i or EU2200i (which can run a 13,000 BTU A/C with soft-start).

The inverter generator will be more fuel efficient at low loads than the Onan. Of course, at the expense of convenience, you have to set it up and fuel it yourself, you can't just power it up and go like an auto start onboard generator. There's also the added advantage of being able to set it up farther away from your RV to reduce noise and Carbon Monoxide.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What size and fuel type are you looking for?

Onan 2800

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker