cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump off/on switch inside RV

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty and would like to locate the water pump on/off switch(es) inside RV. I have used city water for water and have not used fresh water tanks although I want to use fresh tanks which will require water pump. Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
So ricelake, did you find it?? We all like to know the outcome of these questions. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Manuals only go back as far as 2001. This is from 2001.

To operate the water pump, push on switch and watch for the green
light to stay on. The remote switches are located in the bathroom, on
the control panel next to the entrance door and on the outside water
control panel.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my Monaco that switch is in the bathroom under the sink counter. There is a light switch, the pump switch, and a red light that shows when the pump is on. Also there is another switch out side where the outside water faucet is.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
There's a post on another RV forum that shows the water pump switch on the same panel that shows the tank levels, 120VAC line voltage, tank levels, etc.

In that photo it's a green switch to the left of the red generator switch.

Given that it's pretty clearly labeled and you didn't see it, it's possible that someone has rewired your coach and moved the switch. Or maybe they took out the pump completely because they never used it. The panel in his picture has the Dynasty logo on it, so it's probably the original panel, but yours might not be.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wasn't assuming the water pump (or switch fuse etc) worked on a 25 year old RV that has been on city water recently. :@
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their maybe more than one inside, there are two in my MH one in the bathroom and the other one on the panel that has the read outs for the tanks, (water, black tank and gray tank along with propane). I have also seen water pump switches by the kitchen sink. Hit a few switches and you should hear the pump running open the water at the sink when you have the shore water turned off or not connected and you will hear the pump or water start flowing as long as the fresh water tank has water in it.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the confusion. I have a water pump. I am looking for the on/off switch for the water pump inside the RV. So if I am using the fresh water tanks I believe I would use a switch to turn on the water pump which would then allow water to come out of the sink. I know the water pump runs on 12 volt but there must be a turn on/off switch inside the RV to use the water pump. Thank you in advance.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd guess it's one of those switches that you don't know what it's for...and when you find it the pump may/may not work?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Something isn't right.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have a fresh water tank but no switch for the pump? Or am I reading it wrong and you have a switch, but Not inside, if that's the case, where is it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund