Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Trekkers Alert: If you're a Star Trek fan...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Trekkers Alert: If you're a Star Trek fan...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/21 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We try to catch the sunrise Easter service at Vasquez Rocks whenever we can. It's the location where so many things have been filmed, most notably were the many TOS episodes. There are tons of Hollywood trades workers who live in that area along with some great amateur talent, so they put on an incredible passion play with the resurrection climax synched with the sunrise. It's very dramatic, but my wife always cuts the tension with the same corny joke when she whispers to me and asks whether I think they'll substitute The Gorn for Christ this year.

[image]

And as for Vegas, we really loved the Star Trek Experience. Things in Vegas can be so cheezy, but I think they did a great job.

[image]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/21 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish I would have known about these auctions when they come up. Don't have any Trek related memorabilia. Only few props from 'Blade Runner' and 'Blade Runner 2049'.

It's unfortunate that many set pieces end up getting destroyed or otherwise discarded. Remember seeing photos of one of the Spinner police vehicles from Blade Runner just allowed to decay on MGM back lot years ago. I know that the Petersen Automotive Museum in L.A. has multiple Spinners and other vehicles from both Blade Runner movies on display. High on my list to visit.

On (another) side note, LucasFilm loaned for long-term a full scale X-Wing fighter used in Star Wars to the National Air & Space Museum in DC. I believe it won't go on display until next year, as it's currently undergoing preservation at the Udvar-Hazy facility in VA. It's in the restoration hangar, which I think is viewable by the public.

[image]

A short news clip here.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Trekkers Alert: If you're a Star Trek fan...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.