i want to replace my duel cam bar lift chains

are there a special chain i need to buy

my tounge weight is around 800 lbs

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

LITEPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, adjust the head angle. The chains don't wear out and I would feel better with the chains that Reese supplies.Remember, the bars should be some what parallel to the frame when set up.
2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
All you need do is tilt the hitch head forward towards the tow vehicle and that will lift the bars higher to begin with so you don't need as many chain lengths to lift them and/or will reduce the amount of lift with the same chain link used.

You must not be transferring much, if any weight forward now if you are at the end of the chain. The Dual Cam requires some pressure on the cam/bar interface for the system to work correctly. I frankly have never heard of anyone running out of chain links in order to properly tune their hitch setup. Why do you think you have too much lift?
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

dessa1930
Explorer
Explorer
i think i have to much lift and i am at the end of the link
so i am going to get some with a couple of links longer to see if that makes a difference

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Curious, why are you replacing them?

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Or go to a marine supply and get stainless chain. It will always look good.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take one off and take it to the home center, get the same size, it's probably 5/16". Pro tip: Get galvanized chains, they will stay looking nicer longer.

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if they are special or not, but I would think a grade 70 chain in the size need would do, a 5/16" grade 70 chain has a working load limit of 4700#