cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New, low cost 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 battery !

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
16 REPLIES 16

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.....Reviews are telling...thanks...
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
jaycocreek wrote:
Time2

Which battery is that pictured?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002669232736.html?

I think it was measured at 75 AH. Stone blocks added so the shipping weight would seem correct.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Re the price. those change on a daily basis. Just now with the news all about the backlog at LA/Long Beach harbors and most LI comes from China as I recall. the price is ^^^ once the supply chain starts moving again VVV

Looks interesting. ... Quesiton about battery management System. does it even have one?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Time2

Which battery is that pictured?
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Careful you don't end up with one of these batteries for low price and claimed high capacity:

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lazy D wrote:
Getting a new 5er soon and strongly considering the Battle Born Batteries. I know there are cheaper ones out there, but these are made in Nevada USA and Iโ€™ve heard excellent reports of 1st class customer service and tech support. Also considering adding solar down the road. Anyone tried these?

You mean assembled in Nevada.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lazy_D
Explorer
Explorer
Getting a new 5er soon and strongly considering the Battle Born Batteries. I know there are cheaper ones out there, but these are made in Nevada USA and Iโ€™ve heard excellent reports of 1st class customer service and tech support. Also considering adding solar down the road. Anyone tried these?
TV 2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4X4 Duramax. EFI Live, Edge insight, Sinister EGR delete
S&B cold air intake, Titan 52 gal tank, FASS 150 Lift pump, Magnaflow 5" exhaust
Andersen ultimate hitch
Air Ride bags

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
SoonDockin wrote:
I ended up getting two 206ah SOK batteries based on Wills review and continued positive comments. Hope to have them soon. Now its time to remove the vents from my battery storage.

I like the way they did the case for thoes ones.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ended up getting two 206ah SOK batteries based on Wills review and continued positive comments. Hope to have them soon. Now its time to remove the vents from my battery storage.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
rlw999 wrote:
Given the power density of batteries and the danger of a fire in an RV, I'd never buy a cheap off-brand.

The only reason I mentioned this battery is because it got a very high rating from Will Prowse. $399 100Ah 12V "Zooms" LiFePO4 Battery Review

If you have not seen any of his YouTube video you need to know that he has been evaluating and testing solar equipment for over 4 years. I trust his opinion.

rlw999 wrote:
Here's what happens when you puncture one (no explosion, but an impressive jet of flame): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BS6QY3wI8

StirCrazy wrote:

The first test he did shorting the termanals, which did nothing aside from melt the termanals, would have caused a lead acid battery to expload.

Concur !

This is why a fuse should be as close as possible to the positive terminal on the battery and the positive post needs additional protection.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
rlw999 wrote:
Given the power density of batteries and the danger of a fire in an RV, I'd never buy a cheap off-brand.

To put it in perspective:

A 100Ah 12V battery has around 1.2KWh of energy stored in it, 1 Watt-Hour has 3600 Joules of energy, so 1.2KWh has 1.2 * 1000 * 3600 = 4.3 million Joules of energy.

A hand grenade contains around 50g of TNT, at 4,000 Joules/g, that's around 200,000 joules.

So a 100Ah battery has the same energy as around 20 hand grenades. Granted, the battery is not going to release all of that energy at once, but still, a failure can do a lot of damage.

Here's what happens when you puncture one (no explosion, but an impressive jet of flame): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BS6QY3wI8

the first test he did shorting the termanals, which did nothing aside from melt the termanals, would have caused a lead acid battery to expload. right there it is safer than a normal battery, as that would be the most comon issue from people working around there batteries. and it isnt like the old nickel metal hydride batteries that are subject to thermal runnaway, but I guess if you go around shoving metal spikes through the battery..... maybe thats why they are in a protective case?

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer

To put it in perspective:

A 100Ah 12V battery has around 1.2KWh of energy stored in it, 1 Watt-Hour has 3600 Joules of energy, so 1.2KWh has 1.2 * 1000 * 3600 = 4.3 million Joules of energy.

A hand grenade contains around 50g of TNT, at 4,000 Joules/g, that's around 200,000 joules.

So a 100Ah battery has the same energy as around 20 hand grenades. Granted, the battery is not going to release all of that energy at once, but still, a failure can do a lot of damage.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
I see $749

Yes,that is the 200Ah version. The 100Ah is currently out of stock.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
bgum wrote:
I see 749

And an F Rating:h

Fakespot is a fraudulent company

They are pretending to be unbiased and legitimate when in fact their "algorithm" is broken and the results are completely incorrect. It's a good thing no one uses fakespot or even knows about this terrible company.

Read Customer Service Reviews of fakespot.com - Trustpilot

According to Trustpilot.com Fakespot is a fraud then maybe Trustpilot is also a fraud????????