cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Tissue...

Longshore
Explorer
Explorer
Back when I got my first camper (3months ago) everybody told me I had to use RV tp. You guys that have been around the block a few times adhere to this?

I did the test where you soak the tp in water and RV tp definitely dissolves lots faster than, say, Scott brand does. So am I over thinking this?
45 REPLIES 45

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
moonlightrunner wrote:
It's all about the amount of water.

Not really.
Even I was not a plumber, I did sewer cleaning in my remodeling days.
Couple of times my snake pulled whole knot of toilet paper who did not dissolve.
It was big enough to clog 3" iron pipe.

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's Club Member's Mark Bath tissue, Member's Mark or Cottonelle flushable wipes. All pass the "jar test". Combined with a macerator. Flush once for #1. Flush twice for #2. It's all about the amount of water.

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:

to be honest I am not sure what the fuss has been about.

Steve

LOL!! Do you forget where we are? This is RV.NET!!

The users and trolls will keep feeding this thread for at least +10 pages!!

- Mark0.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
I get a kick out of the guys saying rv toilet paper is a rip off, how much do you buy? with all the things we spend money on for our campers and camping trips the amount I spend on two ply rv toilet paper is nothing.

Steve

Steve, I’m with you, people go out and purchase a vehicle to pull or carry their RV or buy a motor home and then the worry about the costs of things that make enjoying their RV possible .:R

I see it from different perspective.
When there is a group of people who can buy $200,000 RV, $300,000 boat and still spend $300 for a dinner, lot of people save for long time to buy their RV. They would never buy that RV if not small savings here and there.
I bought RVs becouse buying used, that was the cheapest vacations for family of 4 than 5 we could get.
But than I see people who buy new, huge RV and check into hotel.

how much do you guys pay for rv topilet paper down there? I mean the good 2 ply stuff? I pay 2 bucks for 4 roles ( i know, I know its usaly 3 to 3.50 a pack, but I get it when it is on sale)

which would be about 1.40 US are we realy talking about 300 buck dinners? I pay 14 bucks for 30 rolls at costco, so ya the rv stuff ismore expensive by 2 or 3 cents a roll.

even at full price here its only about 0.35/roll more than costco and it brakes down faster....

to be honest I am not sure what the fuss has been about.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
As I remember, a student did the ultimate TP evaluation for her junior high school science project, Soaking it in water, shaking, etc., and determined that Angel Soft performed the best.

I'll try to find a reference to it on this Forum?

That was MrsMik'd daughter.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

I see it more as an issue of convenience. I don't want to have to go to a special shop to buy RV toilet paper when I can just grab a few rolls from the house.

ROFL....

Why is that funny?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
I get a kick out of the guys saying rv toilet paper is a rip off, how much do you buy? with all the things we spend money on for our campers and camping trips the amount I spend on two ply rv toilet paper is nothing.

Steve

Steve, I’m with you, people go out and purchase a vehicle to pull or carry their RV or buy a motor home and then the worry about the costs of things that make enjoying their RV possible .:R

I see it more as an issue of convenience. I don't want to have to go to a special shop to buy RV toilet paper when I can just grab a few rolls from the house.

special shop, up here, canadian tire, walmart, home depot as well as rv shops all carry it. I would never buy it in a rv shop though that is a rip off. in the spring when I am shoping I just grab a few and put two in the truck camper and a few in the 5th wheel and I am set for the season. ya if I had to go to a special place to get it, I wwould probably be looking at alternatives. but I did do testing years ago and didnt find anything else that broke up as fast or as fine as the real stuff.

Steve

To each his/her own. Home Depot and Walmart are not in my normal shopping routine, so that's a special trip for me. Costco abd Walgreens are regular shopping stops so buying Costco brand or AngelSoft is more convenient. And they break up fine for the RV system.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
We've been using Cottonelle Clean Care Ripple toilet paper for years in our camper. We're Charmin Ultra-Strong or Ultra-Soft at home, but feel it's to thick for a clean flush in the camper. Our toilet down pipe has an S curve in it before reaching the tank which doesn't like too thick of paper.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

I see it from different perspective.
When there is a group of people who can buy $200,000 RV, $300,000 boat and still spend $300 for a dinner, lot of people save for long time to buy their RV. They would never buy that RV if not small savings here and there.
I bought RVs becouse buying used, that was the cheapest vacations for family of 4 than 5 we could get.
But than I see people who buy new, huge RV and check into hotel.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
toedtoes wrote:

ROFL....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
toedtoes wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

special shop, up here, canadian tire, walmart, home depot as well as rv shops all carry it. I would never buy it in a rv shop though that is a rip off. in the spring when I am shoping I just grab a few and put two in the truck camper and a few in the 5th wheel and I am set for the season. ya if I had to go to a special place to get it, I wwould probably be looking at alternatives. but I did do testing years ago and didnt find anything else that broke up as fast or as fine as the real stuff.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Geo*Boy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

Like everything else, it's an individual's choice.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton