cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Star Trek fans

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
This thread on Trek sets brought out a surprising number of responses I'm pleased to say.

So now perhaps we should all have the courage to say that "Yes, I am a Trekker/Trekkie".

What is your favorite Trek-related activity or decor or whatever?

Is it being able to quote entire sections of script?

Is it going to conventions as a Romulan/Klingon/Borg?

For me, I have often thought of modifying the Phoenix Cruiser to look more like a shuttle craft.
Wife's response: "Where are you going to get the money?"
Me: (quietly coming up with ideas both legal and illegal and smiling enigmatically.)
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
11 REPLIES 11

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Trekkar wrote:
trekker (noun) wayfarer, wanderer, roamer. Let us not forget what G.R.'s space westerns were all about.

Yep, Wagon Train To The Stars. Small wonder so many RVers are Star Trek fans.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
trekker (noun) wayfarer, wanderer, roamer. Let us not forget what G.R.'s space westerns were all about.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
I'm a Trekker. Loved TOS from the day it premiered on TV, and still love to watch it again. Favorite episode is "A Piece Of The Action." Scotty and Spock are my two favorite characters, in that order.

One cousin became an engineer because he loved Scotty.

I made a tail for a bunny costume one year (I was the Energizer bunny). Few years later, we had a garage sale, and I tossed it in the sell pile. A little girl came up and asked what it was. I said, "It's a tribble and it needs some love from a girl like you." Her dad turned away to keep her from seeing him trying not to laugh. Sold her that tribble for ten cents and she walked away happy. Dad gave me the "live long and prosper" sign as they left.

I work at the library on Halloween. Last time, I was the expendable crew member (red shirt with burn marks on it and dead face makeup).

Star Trek original theme and Next Generation ring tones are set for a couple of my buddies. They use the Darth Vader Theme for me (love it).

Met George Takai at ComicCon in Houston a few years ago. More importantly, I met several folks who'd been in the original Battlestar Galactica or in Babylon 5 (best SciFi TV series ever). Had a blast.

Interesting thing about that ComicCon: all the security guys wore red shirts, which had all us Trekkers going. Takai also noticed and made some funny comments.

I got a kick out of using my flip phone like an ST communicator, back when I had a flip phone. Smart phones are just not as much fun. Still have a water pistol that looks like the early phaser. And I have the sewing patterns for TOS and Wrath of Khan parkas, which I do intend to make one day, just for kicks.

Have never named an RV or toad for ST stuff. Should really rethink that. But Obi-Wander was just too perfect for the Forza, so it would have to be the Jeep. I call it Smoke, but Spousal Unit doesn't have a name for it. Yet.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
DS9 is my fav of the Trek serieses

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
mleekamp wrote:
I discovered Star Trek, The Original Series (TOS) at age 14. Watched all the episodes, many times.

At age 44 in 2016, when Leonard Nimoy passed, I found myself on netflix watching episodes of TOS. Enter my 13yo daughter. She and I ended up watching all episodes and starting the Next Gen series. She has now watched all series BTW.

Spring 2016, we found out the 50th Anv of Star Trek was happening, and Shatner and many others would be in Chicago (we live 150 miles south in Peoria). Tix were expensive to see everyone (because, when would we do this again?)

In the end, we met Shatner twice, got pics with everyone, and my daughter could not get over what we just did. Cost us over $3k for a weekend. But the memories...

My youngest was into Star Wars, but gravitated to ST. Now, she's more interested in cooking shows and national parks than TV shows. I love it.

The best part: My oldest starts college in a few weeks...computer and network engineering...because of Star Trek

Fantastic legacy!

Magnus

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
magnusfide wrote:
QCMan wrote:
Our previous tt was named Galileo. A very worthy name for a not so worthy trailer. At least it was ok for transport to remote locations. I do have "Incoming communication on a secure channel" as my ring tone and the sound of a communicator opening as the sound telling me I am getting a voice mail. Don't have anything that looks like anything Star Trek but did do some work on the golf cart one time to make it look like the Flintstone mobile for a parade.

Makes life lighthearted and fun. Good for you!

If life isn't fun, why bother?
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
I discovered Star Trek, The Original Series (TOS) at age 14. Watched all the episodes, many times.

At age 44 in 2016, when Leonard Nimoy passed, I found myself on netflix watching episodes of TOS. Enter my 13yo daughter. She and I ended up watching all episodes and starting the Next Gen series. She has now watched all series BTW.

Spring 2016, we found out the 50th Anv of Star Trek was happening, and Shatner and many others would be in Chicago (we live 150 miles south in Peoria). Tix were expensive to see everyone (because, when would we do this again?)

In the end, we met Shatner twice, got pics with everyone, and my daughter could not get over what we just did. Cost us over $3k for a weekend. But the memories...

My youngest was into Star Wars, but gravitated to ST. Now, she's more interested in cooking shows and national parks than TV shows. I love it.

The best part: My oldest starts college in a few weeks...computer and network engineering...because of Star Trek

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Not Trek per se, but I had the Star Wars Imperial March as my "incoming mail from the Boss" music.....

Favorite episode of TOS was The Trouble with Tribbles.....
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
QCMan wrote:
Our previous tt was named Galileo. A very worthy name for a not so worthy trailer. At least it was ok for transport to remote locations. I do have "Incoming communication on a secure channel" as my ring tone and the sound of a communicator opening as the sound telling me I am getting a voice mail. Don't have anything that looks like anything Star Trek but did do some work on the golf cart one time to make it look like the Flintstone mobile for a parade.

Makes life lighthearted and fun. Good for you!

Magnus

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member