cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-15NB to I-84SB IN SLC

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
heading back east next week and looking for reports on I-15NB to I-84EB in SLC. i want to avoid the long climb EB on I-80 so my plan was to head north on I-15 to I-84 and then pickup I-80 east, google maps today is showing significant delays on NB I-15 south of the I-84 junction. that jives with a road construction warning from UT DOT. looking for reports on how bad it is from anyone who has been thru there in the last few days.

is UT193 between I-15 and US89 and then north on US89 to I-84 an appropriate road for us? 193 is north of the construction zone so this is likely not much of an alternate.

i *really* want to avoid the lonnnnnng climb on I-80 so I'd appreciate any info on what to expect running I-15 to I-84.

we're overnighting at the SLC KOA on Tuesday night. we can pull out early Wednesday morning to avoid the rush hour traffic...how early would that have to be? we have a long drive to Laramie, WY that day (400-mi) and i'm the only driver so we were going to get an early start anyway.

and...none of the maps I have including UT DOT maps show a ramp from NB 15 to EB 84. one does exist, right? looks like it should be around MM340.

we're in a 2016 40' ford v-10 gasser towing a jeep suv.

thanks.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle
1 REPLY 1

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
To miss the rush traffic better be rolling 6 AM. Just take I 80. Grit your teeth, downshift and go up the hill. Your V-10 will do fine.