Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

front seats

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I have a 2016 Newmar and the front seats are peeling by the day. I am going to call Newmar but first wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks for any input. Kenny
11 REPLIES 11

Ken_C
Explorer
Explorer
hogbob wrote:
Hello
I have a 2016 Newmar and the front seats are peeling by the day. I am going to call Newmar but first wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks for any input. Kenny

If you are the original owner, I would contact Newmar as thay have taken care of this issue for most original owners. If bought used, you are likely out of luck for getting any help from Newmar. I would send pictures to Newmar and see whet they have to say
Ken
2018 Newmar Dutchstar
Spartan K2
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
In January, we had our seats reupholstered. They weren't very bad and the worst area was the right hand armrest on the driver's seat, and the seat area was starting to crack. The passenger seat was just starting to show some cracking. I'm glad we had them done, and took the opportunity to get rid of the brown look and replaced it with automotive grade vinyl in off white color.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect much of the problem is improper cleaning and/or abuse of the fabric. Our 2008 Newmar Grand Star front seats and both couch are in like new condition. The wife is a professional cleaner and follows the instructions that were provided with the furniture from the manufacturer.

Once the wrong chemicals are applied the damage is done.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2013 Tiffin had the same issue on the frint seats and also on the couch. Had the front seats recovered by a trim shop as the original covers were no longer able to be purchased.Had covers made for the couch, it is a industry wide problem and having the covers remade is probably going to be your only option.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar isn't the only company having this problem. Weather they help or not who know myself we put on seat covers.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
This is a problem all across the industry. Goes from low end class Cโ€™s to high end DPโ€™s starting back in the late 2000โ€™s. From what Iโ€™m seeing itโ€™s from your body sweat and the oils from your skin. My 2012 I found the sofa this year starting to crack. I had ordered a reclining loveseat from Laz Boy before I ever found the damage. And now Iโ€™m seeing the euro recliner where your head rests is starting to peel. My driver and passenger seats are still in good shape. When the time comes Iโ€™ll end up having the seats reupholstered with real leather.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
UV light damages the fake leather. We try to keep the shades and blackouts drawn when we are not using the coach.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Find an upholstery shop

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 DutchStar, the 2 captain seats were nasty when I bought it used in March 2020 with just over 16,000 miles on it. The rest of the furniture(2 recliners, couch, and dinette booth were decent but had wear on the seam piping. The maker of my seats was Villa, I was told the original owners of rigs from late 2014 to early 2016 were given an opportunity to get replacements, me being a second owner was SOL.
I asked Newmar what the cost would be get new replacement seats, they said $3,500.00/ea., or they could supply new exact-fit covers that I could install myself for $2,800.00/ea., obviously Newmar really likes their seats.
Long story short, I found an upholstery shop within 25 miles of home that recovered both captain seats and the both recliners for a VERY good price using a marine grade material that darn near matches the original seats.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

J_R2
Explorer
Explorer
try a really good sheepskin seat cover if no help.
Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same issue and called a Newmar. They didnโ€™t offer any help as I was 4+ years out of warranty. However, I know of another owner who also has a 2016 who they are covering. The FlexSteel chairs are garbage from that era which might be why they exited the RV business. Good luck. I also asked about recovering or replacing with new chairs. Was told that the manufacturer was busy building stuff for existing orders and not even talking about building so replacement orders until maybe end of year.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT