cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know anything about Columbus River Ranch?

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Recently came across the Columbus River Ranch with a “Flat Floor”! Talking about 42 feet of luxury WoW! What do you guys think of the Columbus brand?
7 REPLIES 7

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Campinfan, The entrance is interesting isn’t it? I can see that a handrail is definitely needed to help you up the steps, but the cage is different. I’m thinking maybe a cover like they have over the stairs in a diesel pusher. But then there’s the fear of tripping over the lip because it wouldn’t be flush. The key of course is keeping folks from falling down the stairwell. For dogs, older folks and kids I get it!

The feature of a flat floor and 7’ ceilings, especially for 6+ footers is a big deal. Another thing I noticed is the home style air-conditioning system. And the filter it uses would be terrific for asthmatics or anyone who benefits from truly filtered air.

Anyway, very interesting 5th wheel!

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very nice looking but not sure if I would want a fenced in gated area when I walk in. Maybe to keep the kids from the door, but that trailer doesn't look like it is made for kids.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Ken, I don’t know what the 2022 price is but I do know they’ve added aluminum basement doors, new furniture that’s made of steel with higher quality coverings, better solid surface counter tops etc. I also understand they brought in a heavyweight from one of the big fifth wheel companies to head the River Ranch division.

What did you think when you were in the Coach overall, pretty nice and well planned, or not so great?

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
From what I have seen on the one I looked at on a dealers lot, it had lots of glitz and bling. The fit and finish is pretty much comparable to most of the other mid-priced 5ers. I question the stability of the overall structure with the tall basement.

Trying to entice customers based on something new and lots of glitz.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I was talking to someone at Columbus about the air situation. He said what looked fine on paper by the engineers didn’t do so well in real life. They corrected the issue with the 2022’s going down the line now. And are fixing those that were sold. Sounds like the old adage “don’t buy a first year new model”.

Sure looks good though. Full flat floor and 7 foot ceilings throughout. Very nice!

Not bad stats either do to the use of Azdel and other composers.

Length 42
Dry weight 13,370
GWR 16,800
Hitch weight 2,650

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Over on the Forest River Forums they have been talking about the A/C not being able to cool down the unit, they are still working on a fix. I know one person who is waiting for a new a/c unit and heard of ductwork having to be resealed. My concern is folks who will overload the unit thinking they can fill all the storage bins.

We are currently camping just across the street from their factory and they have quite a few sitting either waiting on parts or to ship.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
They seem popular on dealer lots this summer. I have not come across one in a campground yet