cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How cool is this lil Cooler

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic RC2000. This is probably over 20 years old.
Made in Luxembourg. wow, not china!!!

It is a 3-way cooler/fridge.
The flame is orange, not blue, but not sure if it will clear up with some use, or needs to be cleaned or adjusted. It should burn blue I would think, but who knows....

I have had it for years, and plugged it into AC and ran it every now and then just to move the chemicals (not sure if that is necessary), but never had the propane pigtail. It is meant to use a 1 pound cylinder and should have had a little 11WC regulator with it. It is missing that and one little plastic door to hold a cylinder outside of the storage cavity on the back meant for the 1lb cylinder. Not a big deal to be missing this.

I finally ordered a regulator pigtail, 3/8 flare female to BBQ tank fitting.
The propane fired right up as per directions with no issues at all and ran like a champ.

It is an absorption cooling unit so either needs to be in motion/sloshing to move chemicals down the chute, or to be within 3 degrees of level as is common on the propane refrigerators we all love in the RVs.

Compared to today's DC Danfoss compressor fridge coolers this has a tiny compartment for its 17x22 size, 18 height, but is big enough for a weekend or just to keep the essentials cold.

Rugged plastic construction and solid door.

I thought I would share just for the coolness factor as these are not made anymore and are a very rare find.

Hooked to the BBQ tank it might run a month or more. I have two compressor fridge coolers so have no immediate use for this....
0 REPLIES 0