cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Coachmen's for sale on Facebook

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I see several used 2007 -2010 ford coachmen Freelander and Leprechcan for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

Does anyone know who makes it and how would you rate them?
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
5 REPLIES 5

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Coachmen made the house part of the motorhomes. Ford, of course, the chassis. Various other companies made many of the other components (appliances and such). These are not by any means high-end luxury units.

I've generally been satisfied with the quality of my 1998 Coachmen class C, for what it's worth; the fit and finish is not always superior, nor are the fittings anything above rental grade, but the workmanship in things that matter (like safe wiring, plumbing connections, etc.) is appropriately sound and the general design and layout shows some decent consideration and thought to usability and maintenance. It does rather predictably require more or less ongoing maintenance, as one might guess.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When considering an rv that's 10-15 years old the 'condition' of the unit is what matters.
I would take a used 'maintained Freelander' over a slightly upgraded 'unmaintained Leprechaun' any day.
How it was maintained throughout its life is far more important to consider than the upgraded shades , valances and some optional equipment that might be standard on one and not the other at the time of production.
Your not going to find any significant construction differences between the two. When you see these rigs all apart in the bays of a repair shop they all look the same inside. Pine, staples and screws where some of them totally miss there mark and screw into nothing but air.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are they high mileage previous rentals, sparsely equipped?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any purchase like those should be thoroughly inspected AND then if you like one have it inspected by a RV mechanic or a 3rd party who knows RV's and has no dog in this race. We sometimes overlook items because it's going well and the thoughts of owning it clouds our vision. Been there, but it was minor.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are made by Coachmen:

Coachmen RV

I have no idea about their quality.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7