Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: When to buy?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> When to buy?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Snomas

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m feeling that it won’t be long when the RV market is flooded w/ used RVs. What do yuall think.

2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

radiojeffrv

South Amboy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would have to agree...I believe many people ran out and bought RVs during the height of the pandemic and had no clue what it really takes to maintain a RV. I expect to see many on the market over the next 2-5 years.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

radiojeffrv wrote:

Would have to agree...I believe many people ran out and bought RVs during the height of the pandemic and had no clue what it really takes to maintain a RV. I expect to see many on the market over the next 2-5 years.

I agree. But 2-5 years of zero maintenance is going to take an expensive toll in the form of water intrusion and bad tires and worn=-out batteries. Buyer beware, even more than usual.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

happynow

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You betcha. As already stated, lack of maintenance will be determining factor for the descerning buyer.

happynow

Steve and Carol

2oldman

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If Covid and its variants stay around, it may be a long time before you see them on the market.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then you have those tens of thousands of families that took the opportunity to use their Covid relief cash to get something they may never had been able to afford otherwise. Those people will be RV lifer's, filling up campgrounds for years to come.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There will be a glut on the market for a short time then we will go back to the new normal. In the end we will have many new RVers.

MDKMDK

Lockdown Gulag

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

If Covid and its variants stay around, it may be a long time before you see them on the market.

Agreed. There seems to be a large segment of society that wants or expects this thing to go on forever. I hope it doesn't, I'm tired of being trapped up here in Canuckistan.

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the best answer is "Buy low, sell high" and if you can predict the dates to do that, you'll be a wealthy man.

I do think there's going to be a downturn in sales and a slump in prices as used inventory hits the market from people who decided that RV'ing isn't right for them. I thought it would happen at the end of this summer, but with Delta picking up (and new variants might be on the way), now I'm thinking it's not going to happen until next summer at the earliest.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/21 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m not so sure about a glut of used ones. Manufacturers are working overtime to build new ones and are having issues getting parts and workers. It may turnout there may be a glut of new ones going unsold. I was told by Newmar when I wanted to replace the **** FlexSteel furniture they could not offer an estimate as the new supplier is so backlogged meeting existing orders they won’t consider making non warranty replacement units.

It could also be we are seeing a significant shift in work environments. Many companies and workers alike have found out two things. One they can get by with fewer workers although some have gone a bit overboard (perhaps not by choice). Two, if people can work from home they can work anywhere. Add in more and faster buildout of nationwide 5G and little need to go into office. Major cities will feel the impact first.

Add into that the current climate of workers being paid not to work, is putting pressure on small and medium businesses to modernize and automate. I’ve seen many chain restaurants building new facilities with drive thru / takeout only.

A lot of people are distressed with the whole public school system now and pulling their kids out to either place them in private/parochial schools or home school. The latter being far better option than Zoom classes. As RVers oft say my home is where I park it.

And lastly current and potentially longer lasting inflation making cost of regular houses unaffordable for many or most will force some to opt for an RV as their permanent abode.

Just my thoughts, YMMV.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> When to buy?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.