cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie: it appears tank hoses don't come with new trailer

chovy
Explorer
Explorer
Is this normal? If so I assume I need to buy some...for dumping etc.

Got any recommendations?
20 REPLIES 20

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart has 50->30 adapters for ~$7 and 30->50 for ~$9, whichever you need I suggest buying a couple. I have a good Camco dogbone that I forgot at home, $7 would have saved me an hour round trip last night to the nearest Walmart. The Walmart ones are a lot smaller than a dogbone so you can just toss them in your spare parts/tool bucket.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would also make a list of what they gave you or didn't for other needed items.
Did they provide adapters for the electrical would or could create issues. Rig needs to be able to plug into a stand 15/20 receptacle, should have adapter to plug into 50 amp receptacle if rig is 30 amp or 30 amp adapter if rig is 50 amp.
Suggests of other supports are good if you have storage for them.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
20โ€™ of Rhino hose, 2 4โ€™ sections of gutter, and a hose support have served us well for several years. The hose and gutters live in a 5x5 vinyl fence post mounted under a cargo rack that carries the tote.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
For the dump hoses I made 3 hose carriers out of 5x5 pvc fence post. I also got 2 pieces of PVC gutter and cut one into 5 foot lengths. I stack the gutters inside the fence posts with the hoses laying in them.

I rigged a chain to the long gutter at the end to hook over the 3 inch dump outlet on the trailer. I can use it like a trough to hold the dump hose and can add blocks of wood under the gutter to help support it.

One of these days I'll get around to making some metal rods i can stick in the ground that I can hook into holes along the top of the gutter to support it. If I need to I can use the 2 shorter sections stuck under the main 10' section of gutter to lengthen the trough if needed for more hose.

chovy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Yeah Amazon is out of the rhino flex right now. But I will get

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 2007 when I bought my first RV, the dealer gave me a cheap hose. It lasted, maybe, a season. I replaced it with a similar hose. Similar results. Finally, I bought a Rhino hose due to recommendations on this board. Actually, I bought two because of my history with hoses. It is now over 10 years later, and I still have not opened the second Rhino hose.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. Get a Rhino.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
I've bough a few RV units and the dealers put a very simple starter kit in with a couple hoses and some black tank treatment samples. But I didn't dare trying to use the sewer hose. I use the grey and yellow Camco hose from Walmart, comes in 10' sections. I would say you need 20' of slinky stinky in two 10' sections and the sidewinder 20' support. I also highly recommend the clear plastic sewer cap with the handle for the trailer. Lets you know if there is something there to surprise you, mine has a small drain in-case a dump valve leaks on you. You don't make a mess trying to remove the cap with stinky stuff behind it!

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best thing. Get a sidewinder, and a a pvc pipe cut in half. Lay out the sidewinder. lay the half pipe in it, and lay the hose in that. Makes things really neat, and easy. That way you have a steady drop to the sewer hole, and the hose empties very cleanly.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Hose support is a good thing to have even if you boondock and only dump every so often.

Is this like a boxers vs briefs type of thing? LOL

But seriously, what would one possibly use them for if boonie docking?

I mean even when you dump your gray water into the woods, it's a 1 n done shot.
Or do you set up the hose supports when you're dumping your camper at the dump station?:h
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hose support is a good thing to have even if you boondock and only dump every so often.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
rexlion wrote:
Here's another vote for the Rhino hose. I also like the Flush King attachment, which goes between the valve and the hose and allows you to attach a water hose for backflushing the black tank.

Remember to always add some water to the black tank prior to using the toilet for #2, so you don't get a 'poo pyramid' built up under the toilet.

Ditto.
You can add about 5 gallons of water to the holding tank right after you empty it...right through that Flush King. No carrying a bucket into the RV. Oh, you really don't need any additives for the black tank. Maybe add a cup of cheap granulated laundry detergent once in a blue moon. The other stuff is like putting lipstick on a pig.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
chovy wrote:
Thanks. Do you recommend getting the hose supports or is waste of space?

I recommend getting one. Unless you think you will enjoy "walking" down the hose lifting it as you advance towards the drain pipe. Many sewer hook-ups sit 4-6 inches above the ground which is code in many places.
The accordion style of hose supports are light and don't take up a whole lot of space.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
chovy wrote:
Thanks. Do you recommend getting the hose supports or is waste of space?

I've never used them. most of my dumping has been with either a sewer solution or macerator pump
bumpy