Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: giving it up
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> giving it up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EgorKC wrote:

One year we lost a TT to a blowout. Replacement got delayed before a scheduled trip that could not be moved. We did the Campground cabins. Took a Weber Q and It was nearly the same experience. Discovered I could fry bacon and eggs outside in a skillet set on the Q. It made loading up to leave a lost faster. One place I highly recommend for cabins is the Rafter J in the Black Hills.
Greg

We never cooked in our camper any way. I just didn't want the bacon grease, and other smells in it. We have always cooked outside. I have a cast iron griddle that sits on my grill, campstove, or on the fire ring. So that will be no issue.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Class A DP 1

Wash. DC

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Beaker wrote:

terryallan wrote:

FYI Now is the time to sell. I put our's on the main highway with a sign, and it sold in less that 24 hours. At one time there was 3 people looking at it. I thought they were all together, but no. They just all showed up at the same time.

Good to see it worked for someone. Selling my fifth wheel has been the hardest sell I've had. Mostly scammers and no shows, people offering me 50% less over the phone without looking. Maybe I need to price it higher!

I just set it up on a friend's lot on the main road thru town, 321. When I went to meet one guy there, 2 others stopped while i was showing it to him, and then when I was hooking it up to bring it home to clean it out, for the buyer to pick up. a guy stopped and wanted to look at it.

So put it where lots of people can see it, and it won't sit long.

Actually put it on 321! Right now! ha

Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cabins are cool !

There are some for rent at a state park near me. I've thought about renting them ,after the camper is winterized, on a nicer winter weekend . They are kinda expensive though. I usually talk myself out of it and save the money for summer time.

Maybe this winter I will try them out.

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, but what a great time to get top dollar for it! I'm turning 41 and hoping to have 20 or 30 years left where I am capable of and enjoying camping. I've already given great thought to a park model camper at a nice location somewhere. Someplace the wife and I can load up the car (or fly to) and have a (very inexpensive) vacation home in paradise. Perhaps that is something you may consider.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure understand but glad you can still enjoy a cabin in a campground! At 77, I am in pretty good shape but my wife has multiple health issues and walks with a walker 90% of the time. I am not ready to sell our motor home but we didn't use it at all last year and this year we used it 3 nights at a nearby camp ground for a family reunion. We wanted to take it to Montana to visit my wife's sister but I am afraid the wife's health is just not good enough to make the trip. The MH sits inside and is in very good shape with 30K miles on it but it is 20 years old so it is not worth a lot so I think we will just keep it and hope we can use it again!

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry to hear this Terry but I understand. My time is coming very quickly. I figure 10 to 15 years on the outside at best.

In any event I have enjoyed your posts over the years and you have given a lot of new comers many great tips.

I wish you and yours the best in your new adventure.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, but what a great time to get top dollar for it! I'm turning 41 and hoping to have 20 or 30 years left where I am capable of and enjoying camping. I've already given great thought to a park model camper at a nice location somewhere. Someplace the wife and I can load up the car (or fly to) and have a (very inexpensive) vacation home in paradise. Perhaps that is something you may consider.

We actually did think about that. But the only CG we would consider using has a years long waiting list, and it is pretty pricey to put it there. Last we checked it was $2500+ for 6 months, and that does not include electric. and at this time we wouldn't be able to get up there enough to justify the cost.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this Terry but I understand. My time is coming very quickly. I figure 10 to 15 years on the outside at best.

In any event I have enjoyed your posts over the years and you have given a lot of new comers many great tips.

I wish you and yours the best in your new adventure.

Thanks

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

At 72 I setup and takedown the TT a little slower but still enjoy these chores. To each his own.

Truth is. I hurt my back years ago, and it will just not take the strain of setup, hookup, and even carrying the WDH from the building to the truck. This is not something I want to do. But not being able to walk, or sleep is not something I want to do either.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quitting time is something everyone has to face. When I have to pay somebody to fix every little thing it will be time to quit.

Right now I am happy to go up on the roof, crawl underneath & twist the body into all kinds of positions to get at something in the basement. It is not as easy as it used to be but thousands in tech time have been saved fixing the little things myself.

When the body says enough I guess that will be enough.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> giving it up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.