cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magic Chef

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2001 Magic Chef range model CLY2745BDB. The thermocouple that opens the valve to provide gas to the oven burner appears to be bad order. It is an interictal part of the valve and is not replaceable. I have tried several places to get a new valve and all say no longer made or not available.

Other than replacing the entire oven, do you have any ideas. I only know of one salvage yard where I might find a salvaged over I could strip the part out of.

I am in Los Angeles near the Rose Bowl but I'd drive 50 miles or more to get a replacement part.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
2 REPLIES 2

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
If you go with a new oven, try to find one that will fit in the existing location without too much carpentry work. It seems like none of the ovens available are the same dimensions as the Magic Chef ranges.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem 2-3 years ago. I searched and searched and could not find a replacement valve. A generous member of this forum sent me the valve out of an oven that he had replaced. You'll probably just need to buy a new oven unless you can find an old oven to harvest one from.