cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIRECTV Real or Not

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I received an email from DIRECTV.. Everything in the from address looks right and it came to my email address that I only use for specific accounts, Directv being one of them...BUT SOMETHING LOOKS / SMELLS FISHY.. There were no links or anything to click on in the email. Anyone else who subscribes to the NFL Sunday Ticket package from Directv get this email??? Ironic that I am cancelling the NFL package this year anyway because of cost / politics..

13 REPLIES 13

MrWizard
This is what I see
When I get the monthly email billing notice for my Wi-Fi hotspot account

"AT&T Account Management โ€ข update@emaildl.att-mail.com"

Note the "att-mail.com"
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
I just read last week about the selling off of Direct TV although the actual transaction sounds complicated in regards to the new owners. I just thought it funny that one reason for the sale was the losses AT&T has incurred for many reasons, one being customer service! What an understatement that is!!!!

In regards to the sale, having been a loyal customer for close to, what, 25 years, it can't get much worse so bring on the New ownership!!????

Oh, I did not get that offer but then again I never had Sunday ticket in the first place.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I received that email, too. I just checked with AT&T and it is legitimate. It is a thank you for being a loyal customer.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
The search I did came up with AT&T has sold off DirecTV and the new owner Group say that 2022 will be the last your for the Sunday Ticket because it's a money loser with all the Streaming and over ways to watch the games.
I just hope the Customer Service improves because with AT&T it was almost nil.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

magicbus wrote:
this is email address it came from..

reply@message.att-mail.com

... we never used att-mail.com and this is the first time Iโ€™ve seen it. Not saying itโ€™s fake, just use caution in case someone has obtained a mailing list.

att-mail.com is registered to AT&T SERVICES, INC. - Created on 2005-11-16.

Legit, though good to be cautious in any case.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If the email calls for no action on your part, just ignore it.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am going to second Dave here I did just a couple minutes research and "Suspect" is the word I'd use. not saying it's scam. but it is Suspect. I would not recommending replying to it without checking by calling the cuss-some-more non-service number on your receiver's screen
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer

Coincidentally I was the lead architect and development lead for the upgrade of AT&Tโ€™s internal email system. That was in the 90โ€™s but we never used att-mail.com and this is the first time Iโ€™ve seen it. Not saying itโ€™s fake, just use caution in case someone has obtained a mailing list.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
enblethen wrote:
Direct TV is now ATT. Email should be showing ATT and not Direct TV! Scam!

As if this past week this is no longer true. AT&T has spun off Directv and now it is its own entity.

Dave

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:

As if this past week this is no longer true. AT&T has spun off Directv and now it is its own entity.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Details of this recent changeover has been on Google news as of yesterday. I did not read the long article as I am not a consumer.

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
I also got this same email giving us a free year of NFL Sunday ticket. It says it's a reward for being loyal fans. Received the same email last year and we enjoyed the NFL Sunday ticket all season at no charge. Enjoy the upcoming season.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker