cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route planning help

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our upcoming first trip to the badlands is wrought with concerns. Help!

How do I find which roads I can drive with my 26' RV, tunnels, turns & narrow roads etc? Is there a site, app or such that can help?
We want to go from Sylvan Lake Campground in Custer SP to Spearfish via Mt. Rushmore and I noticed there are tunnels hair pin turns & very narrow roads (google street view) that make me very nervous. Some tunnels are marked with height limits, some are not. How do I gather this info? I don't want to turn around on a one lane road and retrace a half days drive.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
South Dakota DOT will have all the info you need.
The older we get, the faster we go

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The CG app RV Parky shows low clearances. Stay off of 16A.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just tried RV Trip Wizard and it seems to be the best alternative I've found. Seems cumbersome, but there again I just started to learn it. I will continue to search. Wish google maps had parameters you could enter for the best route.

thanks all
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Route trip planning----- I use the Garmin Diesel for trip planning.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use RV Trip Wizard or an advanced RV GPS like the Garmin RV890. They will route you via a safe path for your RV. Or stick to Interstates.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper