Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a new 25ft, 4 season TT - Are these high quality?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Buying a new 25ft, 4 season TT - Are these high quality?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aftermath wrote:

There is no such thing as a 4 season trailer. .

I’ve been in extended sub-zero temps for weeks, no skirting, some nights down to to -10F. I also regularly use it as my ski lodge, fully equipped with hot showers. I blew out my lines the first winter then quickly realized it’s not necessary. I initially got trouble with lines freezing over night until I realized it was happening at the outside shower. A little reflectix in the door and hasn’t been an issue since.

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/21 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to a Outdoor Timber Ridge. it's similar to Arctic Fox, made right down the street, uses frames welded at AF, and have had pretty good luck with it.
One owner lives in Alaska and camps in the winter with his. He's crazy, but my hat's off to him. He posted a pic where the thermometer read -28 degrees. He does things to keep the rig from clumping into a ball of ice, but just the fact he's out there is a statement for the brand.
For the record, we've owned both a Nash and a Arctic Fox. The Outdoor fits us nicely and has given us about 18,000 miles of use in every weather condition from Washington state, Florida, Cali, and most of all--in Idaho.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a Bigfoot travel trailer for what you want to do. Price won't be reasonable though.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Buying a new 25ft, 4 season TT - Are these high quality?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.