cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Convec/Microwave?

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J. The convection/microwave has stopped working. The microwave, the convection and the turntable don't work. The fan, clock and light do. Anyone know how to remove the unit? What steps are involved? There are no visible screws in the floor of the cabinet above the unit. And the cabinet is nailed panels, no screws.

Thanks....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
10 REPLIES 10

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 38J and had the 58 sec issue that required a part replacement. My microwave had two long bolts behind the filters on the bottom of the oven. Also I had to remove a small piece of trim above the microwave and remove some self tapping sheet metal screws.

Mike

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, the second HIgh Pointe lasted about a week.
-jbh-

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
check u tube for great videos there
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
My husband successfully repaired my Sharp convection/microwave on 2 different occasions. He went to YouTube and found videos that showed what he needed to know. He didn't have to remove the oven either time, but found out how to access what he needed. I'm sure you can find one that shows removing it as well.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
What brand and model microwave is it?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
My High Pointe just rested on a board and was secured by six screws in the trim ring. Just remove the screws and pull.
-jbh-

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do an online search of the brand and model to get to the manual. It should tell you everything you need to know.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes there is a vent over the top of the microwave. Figure out how to remove the vent panel and you may then figure out how to unsecure the MW.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also the cabinets might have false floor or side panels that have to be removed.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
One method is a back plate secured to the wall that the rear bottom of the MW rests on with bolts on the bottom front corners that angle up to the top of the baseplate. Covers have to be removed to expose the bolts.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob