cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new unit alert!

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
After a few weeks of back and forth with the dealer, i hauled down my 2015 KZ Durango 296BHS to Leisure Time RV in Quispamsis NB and traded it in on a 2021 Reflection 311BHS. Paid the difference with a bank draft and the new unit is ours free and clear, feel extremely lucky to be in a position in life to do that.

This particular unit had all of the factory optional packages and also had the second AC unit and JT Strongarms installed.

I had them install the MORRYDE Pinbox before i left on my journey back home to Moncton NB (about an hour).

So far I'm very impressed with the build quality and the features on this unit, I'm hoping it serves us as well as our last unit did over the last 6 summers and roughly 55000km's of roads it went down.

Its around 11500 dry and has a GVWR of 13995, hauling it back home empty i have to be honest that i couldn't tell the difference from hauling my old unit there which was around 8100 dry.

I did take the factory 3.5" blocks that i had swapped out for 2" one four years ago to lower my truck and put them back in knowing that this unit was heavier and not a 1500 series so it should sit higher, i was right. Hitch head needs to be adjusted 1" down and i should be completely level.

our old trusty unit

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7
17 REPLIES 17

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Ran into a few issues over the last two weekends with the new unit.

1st issue, rear axle is bent along with the left rear spring hanger, noticed this giving it its first wash as the left rear tire was well worn on the inside thread. The dealer was responsive and itโ€™s getting a new axle and tire Monday morning. Sadly the tire wonโ€™t be a Goodyear to match the other three as they are out of stock locally. I donโ€™t really care as Iโ€™m getting Bridgestone Duravis tires as originally planned next spring anyways.

2nd issue, turned the heat on yesterday for the first time since itโ€™s been crazy warm here the last few weeks, got almost no heat so I started digging into it and the cover on the back of the furnace was missing a screw and letting all the heat into the storage compartment. New screw was put in, easy 5 minute fix and it works perfect now.

So all in all for a new unit, these are minor teething issues.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
2halfs wrote:
Beautiful unit!

Curious, can you access the refrigerator when the slides are in?

We are internet shopping to transfer from a older TT to a 5th Wheel.

the right side door of the fridge can be opened with the slid closed so you can access about 80% of the contents with the vegetable crispers being the only exception. Washroom access is also good with all slides closed.

2halfs
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful unit!

Curious, can you access the refrigerator when the slides are in?

We are internet shopping to transfer from a older TT to a 5th Wheel.
Happiness in an RV is a Full Tank of Gas,
and an Empty Holding Tank!

That is a NICE looking RV for sure! My buddy was RV shopping and wanted a Reflection, could not find the floorplan he wanted so he got a Solitude.. Those Grand Design units are nice, and there a A LOT in campgrounds......

Great looking COMBO- - GOOD LUCK with it, Safe Travels
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
alexleblanc wrote:
laknox wrote:
I like the JTs on the rear jacks. Wish my KZ, with 4-point, had them.

Lyle

Truth be told, i had them installed as part of the deal and they really aren't even needed, the unit doesn't move at all.

I know. Just having the 4-point on my KZ was night and day difference over my old Komfort. The JTs just add that much more. Given that we've been sited on dirt the past couple times we've been out, I've found that I =do= have to relevel after several days and, especially, if it's rained.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:

Lyle

Truth be told, i had them installed as part of the deal and they really aren't even needed, the unit doesn't move at all.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Took it out for its first official outing this weekend and I'm happy to report that A) Everything works properly and B) fully packed it tows really nice behind my F350.

The dual A/C is really nice and with how hot is was all weekend it was certainly a nice upgrade to have.

With Auto level setup is so much faster than before.

Use this to post your pictures.

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
Sweet looking rig and floorplan, Grand Design builds a solid unit and customer service has been known to work hard toward complete customer satisfaction. When we were looking for a new rig last year they were on our very short list of towable RV manufacturers, we ended up with a motorhome but we almost pulled the trigger on a Grand Design 5er. Have many great adventures, I am sure the family will thoroughly enjoy RVing in your new Reflection.

I have to say that after giving the unit a hand wash and wax along with packing our stuff in it I had a good chance to see and touch just about every nook and cranny of the unit - the Build quality/ Fit & Finish seems to be far improved from my previous KZ unit that I was quite happy with and over all feels much more solid (maybemoreso going from a 1500 series light model to a regular heavier unit).

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sweet looking rig and floorplan, Grand Design builds a solid unit and customer service has been known to work hard toward complete customer satisfaction. When we were looking for a new rig last year they were on our very short list of towable RV manufacturers, we ended up with a motorhome but we almost pulled the trigger on a Grand Design 5er. Have many great adventures, I am sure the family will thoroughly enjoy RVing in your new Reflection.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
That is one good looking rig!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Nice. In your second pic, I see your landing gear down low. Does it ride that way going down the road?

the phot might be making it look worse than it is, the front landing gear had about 13-14" to the ground and the stabilizers about 10" to the ground.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats. Very nice.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. In your second pic, I see your landing gear down low. Does it ride that way going down the road?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton