Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: 1984 Ford Honey
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 1984 Ford Honey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Hank85713

Tucson, Az

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just looked at local craigs list and found sever 1990-92 class c's for around $10K each. I think you need to look for something newer as other have indicated for a few $$ more!

Autoshaman

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check it out ,if you like it and it runs decent and doesn't appear to be rotten from one end to the other then I say GO FOR IT ! Offer her 4k . Not everyone wants or can afford 50k for a glamper . Ive recently purchased a 74 winnebago brave with 36k original mile from the second owner . Does it need some love ? Yes ! Is it doable ? Yes! Did I pay to much ? Maybe. But it's what I can afford and the cool factor is over the top ! I drove it 5 hours home from Maine without a problem . iVE PURCHASED NEW TIRES FROM SIMPLETIRE.COM .They have all sizes including the odd ball 17.5's I needed for the old girl . Also tuned it up and replaced a few things . We are going to enjoy here in New England for the rest of the summer and this winter were going to tear it down and go through it . Ps if it's rotting you'll smell it .

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A quick search on NADA puts the first one I typed in at 3700 low retail and 4700 average. Now....start adding or deleting items and that would change.

An inspection by a RV mechanic is absolutely a must . Find a mobile mechanic and send him over there. I agree with the comment regarding paying for someones memories....

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been watching RV tv shows where a restoration company rebuilds old trailers ?
That would probably be a very good trailer to buy knowing the work performed was solid and backed by a warranty of some kind.
To buy one that from a private owner without backing it up ?
Like others suggested and pianotuna said…… ‘No’

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Elaborating on my no.

I drove a 1987. Chassis parts were simply not available in 2009. It is now 2021. So parts are even more scare.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 1984 Ford Honey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.