Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I had Roadmaster refurbish my 10 year old Falcon 2

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Probably the best $75+tax I ever spent.

After 11 years of FT in the PNW with the tow bar always attached to the MH, the arms were seizing and I was using a hammer to extend them.

Since I'm over here by Astoria, OR I took the tow bar to Roadmaster in Vancouver, WA. They told me that if I had dropped it off before 9 AM they can usually finish refurbishing it and have it ready by the end of the business day. I live on RV time - where 9 AM does not exist.

The refurb included cleaning, seals, and several small parts that escape my memory. Additional replacement parts would cost extra. Mine did not need additional parts.

Roadmaster did replace the replace the round nuts on the end of each arm with a new version of it (it connects to the collar assembly that the base pin goes through).

Hopefully it will last another 10 years.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Another reminder that maintenance matters...as in saving you money, making RVing easier etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We inherited a rather stout 10K# Blue Ox that the previous owners of our current rig threw in, they said it was old, abused, and problematic. They were getting ready to replace it but for health reasons (owner was 85) they did not use their motorhome much in the last few years and never got around to having it done, we had planned to buy a tow bar anyway.

As mentioned above, a hammer was essential to get apparatus connected or disconnect to our toad. After purchasing rig and traveling 1K miles to get back home I performed maintenance and removed all the gunk that was prohibiting free movement, took several cleanings to let it soak, operates smooth as butter just like it left the factory.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tow bars require maintenance.
There is a youtube video on "how to":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_0_YtjvuAo
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Roadmaster will refurb a tow bar but now charges for the service. At rallies they attend, they will come by your coach and do a cleaning/inspection. If further service is required, you take it to their trailer and they will take care of you. Been using Roadmaster products for 22 years

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Better then new!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker