cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Antenna, 2020 Jayco GrayHawk Prestige MVP29 problem

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Sorry, I don't have any Info on type or manufacturer of this antenna, but its the new type that doesn't raise/lower but only rotates.
My problem is if I rotate it fully to the stops it'll jam and Can't be rotated anymore. Only way to unjam it is to get up on roof and turn it by hand. It'll work fine until I accidently turn it clockwise or counter clock to a stop than it jams again. Any had this problem?:h
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
5 REPLIES 5

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot, thanks much.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe something became loose from going 'bumpety-bumpety-bump' over our nations highways.
If you have a King Jack , here are some rotator pics of the assembly where you might be able to tighten something.
check thru the owners forums for more info.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f16/king-jack-won-t-turn-183593.html

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/king-jack-antenna-rotator-204921.html

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Are you still under warranty? Pay a visit to your dealer, and get it fixed (or replaced, if it's defective) for free.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I have the 'pinch button' on the side of the dial. It jams even if I hit the Stop easily.
Joe & Charlotte

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have to pinch the button on the side of the dial, to free it up, to rotate? Mine has never "locked up", but if I turn it too fast, I suppose it might get stuck at the stop. Does yours only rotate clockwise or counterclockwise to the stop position? Are you turning it too fast and hitting that limit too hard, maybe?
Sorry, my experience has been go slow, and don't let it get away from you, but it's never gotten stuck.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)