cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge lock

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
I'm putting in a residential fridge in my 5th wheel.For you guys who have already done this what are you using to keep the doors locked while on the road?Please let me know what you are using and where did you get it from? Thanks!If it matters it is a kenmore 11.6 cu ft
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS
8 REPLIES 8

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Coleman I just went online checking out 10 cu ft fridges out.A whirlpool 11.7 cu ft fridge came up.I checked my opening in my trailer.I had to trim the one side and top to make it fit.I also put a 2 x 4 I had a friend plane down to 1 5/16's to put under the front because the 1 foot stuck out for the door hinge.A couple of screens in the back to keep it for moving.I think it turned out great.I hope this helps.
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 This is a good product and we have the Insignia fridge also.

R12RTee wrote:
The Fridge Fixer is what we use.
Fridge Fixer on Amazon
A bit pricey but a great product.
Our new RV came with Insignia appliances and the fridge does not have handles that can be used with a strap.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
R12RTee wrote:
Fridge Fixer on Amazon
Our new RV came with Insignia appliances and the fridge does not have handles that can be used with a strap.

Alright, I will show this to aunt. They got Insignia ref with no handle. I'm coming over this weekend to help them install the headache rack and tonneau covers on the truck.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
prowlerregal wrote:
I'm putting in a residential fridge in my 5th wheel.For you guys who have already done this what are you using to keep the doors locked while on the road?Please let me know what you are using and where did you get it from? Thanks!If it matters it is a kenmore 11.6 cu ft
I'd be interested in the details regarding how you are replacing the current fridge with a residential one. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but haven't gotten into the details
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

R12RTee
Explorer
Explorer
Fridge Fixer on Amazon
2021 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA
2021 Ram 6.7 HO

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I simply use a strap with the black quick snap fasteners. My handles are side by side so I just run the strap thru both and pull it tight. Never have had a problem with that set up.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a bungee cord but mine has this weird end that you insert the bungee cord through the hole and then pull it down 90 degrees to a channel that locks it into place. I run this cord through the two side by side doors and the lower freezer door. Its called an adjustable bungee cord...

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
An easy solution would be from Walmart or others stores that sell baby and kids things. Child proof locks. Or even Velcro on the side of the fridge and doors.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.