cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago outlook

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking at a 2010 Winnebago outlook. 2 slides 29 ft 40 k miles Does anyone know if thy have a fiberglass roof and quality of the outlook MH Im not new to Motorhomes I just sold my Diesel pusher and want to down size.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
8 REPLIES 8

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Just a suggestion . . . drive one for a bit, and be sure you find the noise and heat from the front engine tolerable. I thought about downsizing from a DP, but once I drove a front engine gasser I immediately changed my mind. Your opinion might vary, however! :C

And then there's DP ride quality . . .
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
pnichols wrote:
Snomas wrote:
I’m looking at a 2010 Winnebago outlook. 2 slides 29 ft 40 k miles Does anyone know if thy have a fiberglass roof and quality of the outlook MH Im not new to Motorhomes I just sold my Diesel pusher and want to down size.

Regarding heat from a 2010 Outlook's V10 engine - if the 2010 E450 Ford chassis is similar to my 2005 E450 Ford chassis:

1. On our 2005 Winnebago Itasca Spirit Class C, "someone" (Ford or Winnebago) had installed metal heat shields underneath between the exhaust pipes and the cab floor to block heat from radiating upwards onto the cab floor above.

2. The Ford air conditioning system has a setting that directs it's air flow downwards onto the driver and passenger cab floors to keep them cool. The setting of the controls is not labeled clearly as to how to do this, so I had to discover it by trial and error a few years into owning our Class C.

We do not experience hot cab floors, and engine noise is also a non-issue with us because I keep engine RPM below 4000 as much as possible on grades. When cruising down the road at 59-62 MPH, we can't hear the V10.

Remember, though, the OP is comparing it to a DP. Engine noise may be a non-issue if you're used to it, but might be a big issue versus a DP.

Plus, if you're cruising at 59-62mph, I can only assume you're on US highways and not Interstates. Moving at a with the flow of traffic on an Interstate will make engine noise more audible.

Various coach internal noises here and there are usually louder than any engine noise, and those noises would would still be there with a DP.

We even try to as much as possible travel 59-62 MPH on the Interstates ... we just get behind a big rig in the right lane (probably a heavy loaded one) that's trying to stay in their RPM-versus-gearing sweet spot of around 62 MPH. These RV travel speeds in the right lane make for less stress and result in decent fuel mileage ... and don't bother drivers in the faster lanes.

Well, we were talking engine noise, and I stand by what I said, having owned 3 DP's and 2 gassers.

It's nice that the slower speeds mean less stress for you, but they can be hazardous. Right lane driving is fine, and it usually doesn't affect left-laners, but it creates a challenge for merging traffic.

I like to drive 55-ish. Comfortable, and less stress, but I will not do it on the interstate -- that's what secondary roads are made for, and we use them a lot. Frankly, nobody else on the interstate really cares about your fuel mileage.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
Snomas wrote:

Regarding heat from a 2010 Outlook's V10 engine - if the 2010 E450 Ford chassis is similar to my 2005 E450 Ford chassis:

1. On our 2005 Winnebago Itasca Spirit Class C, "someone" (Ford or Winnebago) had installed metal heat shields underneath between the exhaust pipes and the cab floor to block heat from radiating upwards onto the cab floor above.

2. The Ford air conditioning system has a setting that directs it's air flow downwards onto the driver and passenger cab floors to keep them cool. The setting of the controls is not labeled clearly as to how to do this, so I had to discover it by trial and error a few years into owning our Class C.

We do not experience hot cab floors, and engine noise is also a non-issue with us because I keep engine RPM below 4000 as much as possible on grades. When cruising down the road at 59-62 MPH, we can't hear the V10.

Remember, though, the OP is comparing it to a DP. Engine noise may be a non-issue if you're used to it, but might be a big issue versus a DP.

Plus, if you're cruising at 59-62mph, I can only assume you're on US highways and not Interstates. Moving at a with the flow of traffic on an Interstate will make engine noise more audible.

Various coach internal noises here and there are usually louder than any engine noise, and those noises would would still be there with a DP.

We even try to as much as possible travel 59-62 MPH on the Interstates ... we just get behind a big rig in the right lane (probably a heavy loaded one) that's trying to stay in their RPM-versus-gearing sweet spot of around 62 MPH. These RV travel speeds in the right lane make for less stress and result in decent fuel mileage ... and don't bother drivers in the faster lanes.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Snomas wrote:

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Snomas wrote:

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Just a suggestion . . . drive one for a bit, and be sure you find the noise and heat from the front engine tolerable. I thought about downsizing from a DP, but once I drove a front engine gasser I immediately changed my mind. Your opinion might vary, however! :C

Good points. In 2017 we downsized from a Roadtrek to a new Sunstar 26HE, and after one trip, traded it in partly because of those two issues. The fuel economy was in there too, because there isn't any. We did like the extra interior room, and larger storage, but not that much. We re-downsized to a Navion, and haven't looked back. Great compromise between the prior units, with none of the baggage.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doing a search , It says it has a crowned fiberglass roof

https://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-content/uploads/winnebago/2010/2010.Outlook.pdf