cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC Water on top of RV

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
The water that drains off the AC runs down the front cap of our fifth wheel. Has anyone diverted that water so it runs off the side of the RV? All input appreciated. Thank you. Betsy.
Betsy
11 REPLIES 11

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
You can use your auto level and then do a small extend/correction. You can also use a bead of dicor to direct the flow.

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, we have 4 of those. I have even clipped a close pin on the end of them so the water drains completely away. Betsy
Betsy

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Edd505 wrote:
You should have gutters on both sides and each should have an end that looks something like this.

This is what we've always had on all 4 corners.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always use manual leveling as our auto leveling system appears to be intoxicated when it decides we are level, been too lazy recalibrate it. Again we prefer using manual mode and leave it a tiny bit lower on one side if anticipating prolonged AC usage, totally unnoticeable to those within the coach.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did the cheap and easy fix. I had a tube of caulk laying at the house. I ran a heavy bead of caulk from the AC where the water comes out to the back corner of the trailer. The water follows the caulk right down to the edge of the trailer and over into the rain gutter.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we would have to reset the auto levelers. Thanks for each idea.
Betsy

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
You should have gutters on both sides and each should have an end that looks something like this.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Yooper-Jim
Explorer
Explorer
mittshel wrote:
The water that drains off the AC runs down the front cap of our fifth wheel. Has anyone diverted that water so it runs off the side of the RV? All input appreciated. Thank you. Betsy.

Typically you don't quite level your rig, but leave a very tiny pitch down on the driver's side. A/C condensation then drains to the rain track on that side.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If your rig is not level front to back it will do that. Most rigs have a drain hose exiting somewhere near your driver side tires. If that is plugged up then it will runn of on the roof and sometimes inside. Drain hose is about size of child's finger. They get plugged by muddaubers and spiders.

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Gary.
Betsy

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
This stuff is small, sticks well, and does not look out of place. Can be used to alter the condensate water's path.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Legrand-Wiremold-CordMate-Cord-Cover-5-ft-Channel-White-C10/202059078