Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Label Your Hoses!!

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Disclaimer: Don't read this while eating

So, I talk my buddy into getting a macerator system so he can dump through a standard hose and he's been doing so and loving it. The problem is my buddy is somewhat irresponsible and left the hose lying in front of his house and drove in a couple days ago to find the guys painting his house had it hooked to the hose spigot and were drinking from it!! Now, in his defense, the hose was coiled up around the sewer cleanout in front of his house nowhere near a hose bib but still.

So far the painters haven't keeled over and are showing up to work but we'll see how long that lasts. I don't think I'll ever be able to drink out of a hose again :S
10 REPLIES 10

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Watch the fox, it tastes normal

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
... and do you really think that if there was a label on it that they would have read it ?
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I left a 3/4 inch 50 foot long black rubber hose laying in the woods rolled out right where I parked my 28 ft TT when we hunted on my dad's property. I specifically bought the black rubber hose because it remained relatively flexible in cold weather. It was the one that I connected to the 3/4 inch outlet connection on the 3 inch discharge connection cap for the stinky slinky.

When I connected it would leave the grey water valve open and let the water flow downhill from the grey water tank when we were camped for a week at a time. Someone, probably from one of the hunt clubs that had previously cut the lock off our gate to pull in and park in our driveway, stole it, a 6 x 8 tarp and some firewood I left laying under the tarp sometime between our Thanksgiving week and Christmas week hunting trips. I was really hoping that they would connect it to a water faucet somewhere and drink out of it.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not something I would recommend. But, if he flushed it after the last use, And, it had been setting there for a long time so it was completely dried out, And, if they ran water through it before they started drinking.

Then it should be fine.

That's a lot of And's though.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"he hose was coiled up around the sewer cleanout..."

Clueless painters!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:
That's the perfect example of, don't ask don't tell. :C

I always stowed that Hose. And though I did not label it. it was the only BLACK garden hose in the RV.....
I ALSO HAD A gray HOSE
And White and Green (Green is for washing the rig)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe they were low on gut bacteria and needed to reload. Cheaper than going to the Dr for poop pills.

BTW, I put a 4-way splitter on my outdoor faucet. I connected a white hose, a green hose with a sprayer, a green hose with a sprinkler, and a refilling dog bowl. First day, told yard guys to not touch the white hose unless they wanted a drink.

The macerator hose is on a reel set apart from the rest.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
OMG I can't stop laughing! Check the paint job thoroughly-this could be Karma!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
Disclaimer: Don't read this while eating

So, I talk my buddy into getting a macerator system so he can dump through a standard hose and he's been doing so and loving it. The problem is my buddy is somewhat irresponsible and left the hose lying in front of his house and drove in a couple days ago to find the guys painting his house had it hooked to the hose spigot and were drinking from it!! Now, in his defense, the hose was coiled up around the sewer cleanout in front of his house nowhere near a hose bib but still.

So far the painters haven't keeled over and are showing up to work but we'll see how long that lasts. I don't think I'll ever be able to drink out of a hose again :S

Shows exactly how good the immune system is! not that I would want to test it out like that!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That's the perfect example of, don't ask don't tell. :C